Installation abort because of Microsoft NET Framework

MikeRight
MikeRight
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Well, the software installation can not be started, I receive a message that I should install NET Framework v.4.6.1. After being forwarded to the MS website and downloaded the reqiested .exe file following message is to see: no installation will be done, as you have this or newer version of the NET Framework. After this I can only close the window.
1Password installation goes not forward, as no installation was done. Point, finish.

1Password Version: Version 6.0.181
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN 8.1 x64 Pro Rus
Sync Type: Family, but still trial

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MikeRight: Someone else reported this issue recently, and it seems it was due to some corporate restrictions. You'll need to install the version of .Net linked in the installation instructions, specifically at this URL:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

Note the ID at the end there, "49982". If you're ending up at another page with a different ID (it sounds like you are), something is redirecting you. In that case, you'll need to find some other means to download it and install it on that computer. Another browser may help, or you may need to download it using another machine entirely.

If you cannot get to the correct address on Microsoft's website to download it at all though, I'm not sure what we can do to help. We're not authorized to distribute Microsoft's software, which is why we provide the link in the first place. please let me know how it turns out!

• MikeRight
    MikeRight
    Community Member

Dear @brently: Thanks a lot for your prompt feedback. I`ll better explain:
    After download I start "AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop.msi" and receive a message (img-2016-10.jpg) asking for installation of NET Framework.

By pushing "Yes" button I receive a new browser window open.

Following, the link to URL
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982
    is basically "hidden" in the "Yes" button.

MS offer me to download NET Frameworks 4.5, see (img-2016-16.jpg)

I confirm download and recieve a file "dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe". As soon as I start it I receive a message (img-2016-09.jpg)

"The installation will be not done.
    1. NET Framework 4.5 is a part of this system already. You do not need to install in new.
    2. You have already installed the NET Framework 4.5 or newer."

I only have to close this window.

After all this, I still have the message (img-2016-10.jpg) open. If I click "Yes", the situation continue as descripted above, if I click "No", the installer close. That`s it. Any ideas?

I*m ready to purchase Family Team account with several devices, but I defenitely need a sync between my Win PC and all other iOS devices. A single license make no sence. I choose 1Password after long seeking and compare of similar software. It will be regretting if I will not get it installed... Regards, M

• MikeRight
    MikeRight
    Community Member

Wow, I finally got it.
    It was neccesary to look exactly for 4.6.1. edition, after installation of this NET Framework edition 1Password 6 install quick and easy.
    Correct download link for NET Framework was as follow:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/5/9/35980F81-60F4-4DE3-88FC-8F962B97253B/NDP461-KB3102438-Web.exe

Thanks for your support. I hope also this small case may help to improve a beta. Regards, M

• Hi @MikeRight,

When you clicked on Yes, which browser opened up?

If you open your browser and go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

What do you see?

For majority of folks, they see version 4.6.1 show up but some people said they've gotten 4.5 instead. This isn't something we can fix because the redirection is on Microsoft's side. We can try to inform them but we can't figure out the pattern.

• MikeRight
    MikeRight
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I use Chrome 51.0.2704.106 m browser. As soon I click "Yes", mentioned URL goes open: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982

I see an offer from MS to download 4.5 version, which is don`t right one. See screenshot abowe. However, after manual search in MS Download Center you can manually find the right one 4.6.1. version, direct download link see also abowe.
    After downloading and installation of "NDP461-KB3102438-Web.exe" I got the next installation of 1Password without any problems. Now I looking how I can import files from 1Password desktop version to the 1Password 6 online edition... ;)

May be it make sence to forward people directly to the right .exe file on MS site, however it is your opinion. I*m glad if I can help!!

Best regards, M

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I see an offer from MS to download 4.5 version, which is don`t right one. See screenshot abowe. However, after manual search in MS Download Center you can manually find the right one 4.6.1. version, direct download link see also abowe.

@MikeRight: Thanks for confirming! That redirect certainly explains it.

After downloading and installation of "NDP461-KB3102438-Web.exe" I got the next installation of 1Password without any problems. Now I looking how I can import files from 1Password desktop version to the 1Password 6 online edition... ;)

Awesome! I'm glad that downloading and installing the right version helped. :chuffed:

May be it make sence to forward people directly to the right .exe file on MS site, however it is your opinion. I*m glad if I can help!!

The problem is that there is going to be a different download for several Windows variants. And I'm not sure Microsoft would be happy about us hot-linking to their download servers either, but it's certainly something we'll look into. Thanks for the feedback!

P.S: Heads up! It looks like you need to update Chrome. Do it before you forget, or you may be surprised when things stop working due to it updating in the background. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.