1Password Universal?

Options
architect1337
architect1337
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using 1Password Universal v6.0.161u. I notice in the forum that the version for 1Password 6 beta for Windows is at 171 (or so).

Does this mean the universal version of 1Password is not being updated?

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@architect1337: It will be updated, but it lags behind the desktop version currently. We're focused on that because it works on Windows 7 and 8.1 in addition to Windows 10. It will catch up in time. The best thing to do is use the desktop beta in the mean time. Cheers! :)

• Just to expand on what Brenty just said - we do support Universal, it's not going away and we like it quite a lot. But we have had to prioritize Windows Desktop over Windows Universal and the reason is because we :love: you guys & girls! Universal platform has technical obstacles in providing browser extension support, we believe everyone wants to have browser integration working and that is why Windows Desktop comes first.

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. Understood that you want to cater to the majority of your users first and browser integration is important. I use 1Password on both Windows 10 desktop and mobile and for me, the most important parts are being able to edit a dropbox hosted local vault from both a UWP (desktop and mobile) and Mac environment.

To aid integration with Edge, I've starting copying and pasting my passwords from 1Password UWP (which loads amazingly quickly on the desktop) into Edge and letting Edge save the passwords to Certificate Manager. It's surprisingly not that bad.

It is frustrating not being able to update a password when required though - but I guess you guys can't win! ;-)

Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open for the UWP updates.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@architect1337: That's definitely not ideal, but...someday, we will ALL win! I'm sorry for the inconvenience during this transition, but we're getting there. Thanks for your patience and pushing us to keep making 1Password better! :)

This discussion has been closed.