Unable to access 1Pasword record

Options
Stuartcorner
Stuartcorner
Community Member

Is this a bug? I'm using 1P on a Mac desktop and laptop, both latest OS. I opened a record on the desktop, closed and closed 1P. That record was not visible on the laptop until I had opened 1P on the desktop and deselected the record that I had previously opened.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Stuartcorner

Could you please tell us a bit more about what's going on? By record do you mean an item, for example a login? Were you just viewing the item or had you hit on edit? If you are on edit mode then the changes will not be synced until they've been saved. I hope to hear back from you so we can sort this out! :chuffed:

• Stuartcorner
    Stuartcorner
    Community Member
    Options

I had opened the record on my desktop, copied the password and closed 1P. Sometime later I opened 1P on my laptop in search of the same record - a login, but was unable to see it. I went back to the desktop, opened 1P and saw the offending record was selected. I deselected it and was then able to access it on the laptop. Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate this, but I am 100 percent certain the record was not visible on the laptop on my first attempt.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear @Stuartcorner,

Thank you for additional info! :+1:

Have you managed to reproduce this issue with a different login item? Maybe there was a delay with syncing between your Macs, but once the data was synced, you were able to access it on your laptop. Just sharing my 2 cents. :)

• Stuartcorner
    Stuartcorner
    Community Member
    Options

No I haven't been able to replicate it. And the record was not new. Another record created after it was visible on the laptop. All very strange!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Stuartcorner,

Please let us know if you notice this issue again. We will try to reproduce it on our side and investigate. Strange things require attention! 8-)

This discussion has been closed.