Universal app: no update for over 4w

Options
teal_oak
teal_oak
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am still on 6.0.161u and no update for the Windows 10 UWP app (phone and PC) for over 4w now so I guess some staff on summer holidays now.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Universal app: no update for over 4w

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @teal_oak, I can assure you that none of us are on holiday :) we're just putting our development efforts into 1Password 6 for the time being. We're not leaving the UWP behind and you'll get a new release in August with many new features and improvements.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @teal_oak,

A lot of updates have been pushed to 1Password 6 Beta desktop version in the past 4 weeks which you can see from the changelog here and if you're using it on the PC, I would recommend switching over to that beta version instead.

We are going to update the UWP version once we ship the first stable version of the desktop app but there is no timeframe on this yet. The August timeframe that Mohamed mentioned is for the desktop version only.

The main reason we've shifted our focus is because the desktop app targets all of our customers on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, and it allows us to make changes quickly compared to UWP, such as browser integration support that almost all customers are asking first.

We will continue to update UWP version to match the desktop changes but it may take some time.

This discussion has been closed.