Autofill without extension and/or in other applications

svenluijten
svenluijten
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I'm a new user of 1Password and recently completed my free trial of 1Password Families. I've been using KeePass before this but decided to try out something new for a change. While I do realize version 6 of the Windows app is still in beta, I'd like to propose a new feature I really liked from KeePass called "auto-type".

Their application allowed the user to hit a key combination when having an item in the "vault" selected and the app would ALT+TAB to the previous open window, insert the username, hit TAB, insert the password and hit return, effectively performing a regular login sequence.

I don't really trust my browser enough to do all the heavy lifting with password, and plenty of my passwords have to be entered outside of the browser window. I'd really love to see something similar to auto-type being implemented in version 6 of 1Password.

Thanks,

Sven

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Hi @svenluijten,

We already have that auto-type feature for a long time in 1Password 4 but we haven't implemented it for 1Password 6 Beta. 1Password 6 Beta is a brand new app for us without reusing any code from the pervious version, which also uses a different language and that means we have to re-implement everything from the beginning.

We won't be able to implement auto-type in time for the first stable version but the plan is to add it in a future update.

• svenluijten
    svenluijten
    Community Member

Sweet, thanks for letting me know it's at least on the roadmap @MikeT :chuffed:

• You're welcome. Keep us informed of anything else you'd like to see in 1Password 6 Beta.

This discussion has been closed.