Where can I find the 1PW Mini version #... I couldn't it in the 1pwmin settings Gear?

Options
rrnowell
rrnowell
Community Member

I can't find the version of the 1Password Mini application.... I just learned it is in each browser accept for that it matches the version # of the IE 1PW. Is there anyway you can just add it to the About for the 1Password account itself... just have 1Password ask the running 1Password Mini app what its version is? It seems I keep eating up time running down non-intuitive rabbit trails of late. If 1Password Mini had all previous relevant versions in its code and a frontend that selected which one to run based on the 1Password version and OS version this would get around the 1 Apple signature from Apple problem too. Excuse me for being frustrated but running down the effects of the new version on my multiple Mac OS X partitions and now a password not filling out problem... it is taking a good deal of time. I just feel like it is taking too long to resolve problems... 1PW is supposed to free up my time. :-(

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password Mini About version number

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rrnowell,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling frustrated by this!

1Password mini is bundled within the main 1Password app, so the version of the app is essentially the version of the mini.

Could you tell me a bit more about why you’re searching for 1Password mini’s version information? It sounds like you might be running into a problem with 1Password, and we’d love to help you get it straightened out!

• rrnowell
    rrnowell
    Community Member
    Options

I really have 2 issues.... the most immediate and pressing is this....

I am trying to create a logon in 1Password 4, Version 4.4.3 (443000), running under Mac OS X 10.9.5 with all the latest updates applied.

I create it and when I logon using it, I get an error and it appears one of fields isn't filling out. I stumbled across the info on creating the Logon by accessing the page, hand entering the username and password without hitting enter,. Then I went to 1Password Min and opened the settings (Gear icon) and selected Save New Logon. I then tried this and it worked, BUT when I went to edit the record in 1Password it has no username and the Reveal of the password field shows the username. Since the site is financial I do not want to go into further detail in this forum.

• rrnowell
    rrnowell
    Community Member
    Options

The second issue is more involved and has to do with having multiple partitions with different OSes and thus multiple 1Password version because of those Mac OSes (e.g. Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, and Sierra). When updated one of my Yosemite partitions to El Capitan and then updated 1Password I got the conflict with 1Password Mini seeing multiple 1Passwords. When I first presented this problem it was determined that their is "one Apple signature" for 1Password Mini and so there are not multiple 1Password Mini's that can be installed to match each version of 1Password. I have an idea for a solution that gets around this, but I am less than hopeful that it will work do to other ideas not being workable. I will keep spending time on a work around as I have it... but the frustration is that something that was working for me is now broken because of a change and trying to resolve it is interrupting workflow. I can't remember the name of the person who tried to help, but they seemed very nice. It is just that I have to expend resources working through this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rrnowell,

Thanks for getting back to me with those details!

With respect to your first question, it sounds like we’re talking about the instructions for Saving a New Login Manually, is that correct? If so, you’re right, this is the best way to teach 1Password how to fill in on some unique forms. And some financial sites do tend to be rather unique. Without knowing the particular site, it’s difficult to do much investigating, but it’s great that the Login item is filling correctly for you. You can always check in the ‘web form details’ portion of the Login item to learn more about what information is being filled in which fields.

1Password uses the website’s field labels to determine if the information is a username or a password. If the site labels things in a unique manner, 1Password might not display your username and password as you expect. But as long as the correct information is stored in the web form details, 1Password will fill nicely for you.

If you would like to talk a bit more about this outside of the forum, please send an email in to support+filling@agilebits.com and let us know a bit more detail about the site that is causing you trouble and we can investigate there.

When updated one of my Yosemite partitions to El Capitan and then updated 1Password I got the conflict with 1Password Mini seeing multiple 1Passwords.

Ah, yes. Having multiple versions of 1Password installed on the same computer can sometimes cause problems. When I first presented this problem it was determined that their is "one Apple signature" for 1Password Mini and so there are not multiple 1Password Mini's that can be installed to match each version of 1Password.

It sounds like you’ve already discussed this with another member of our team, but I’ll briefly review the situation as I understand it. The problem is that we are limited in how we can request that the operating system opens 1Password mini. When you start up 1Password, the app asks the operating system to open 1Password mini. Now, because 1Password mini is bundled right within the app, we expect that this is the mini that the operating system will find and open. But starting in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), the operating system checks the entire drive for 1Password mini. We are unable to specify a location for the operating system to look for 1Password mini, so if there are multiple copies of 1Password installed, there’s a chance the operating system could find a 1Password mini other than the one in the appropriate app bundle.

I know it’s a bit of a frustrating problem, and we wish there was a way around it. I’d be curious to hear a bit more about this idea of yours to work through this!

This discussion has been closed.