Can not open 1Password from dock

Options
pk712
pk712
Community Member

I run 1Password 6.1.3. Yesterday when I came home and opened my Mac I saw a message: "7 minutes to complete update". with the standard Apple logo and fill bar. I had not started an update before I left home. I do not allow any apps or programs to automatically update. Once it stopped I briefly saw a pop up that said something about "password" with about 50 characters.
Now 1Password will not open from the dock-but can open from Finder. Did 1Password automatically update?I am also concerned that I have been hacked.

1Password Version: 6.1.3
Extension Version: 4.5.7
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox 6.4.14

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pk712,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password after some sort of update on your Mac! That sounds strange, but there might be a logical explanation here.

From your description, it sounds like what you saw was a standard Mac OS X update. Apple recently released an update for El Capitan 10.11.16, and it looks like that's the OS version on your Mac, so I think there's a good chance that's what it was. To check when that was installed, you can launch the Mac App Store and go to the Updates section. That will show updates installed recently - just look for "OS X El Capitan Update" in the list, and below the version it will show when it was installed. If it was installed yesterday, that's most likely what you saw.

As for the problem opening 1Password, you said you're using version 6.1.3, but the latest version is actually 6.3.1 - so you'll want to install the latest update to see if that helps. If you're using the Mac App Store version of 1Password, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section for the 6.3.1 update.

If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password (and if you're able to launch the main app from the Applications folder), open it and go to the menu for 1Password > Check for Updates. Or if you can't open the main app, try downloading the latest version from our download site (once it downloads, unzip the file if necessary, then move 1Password 6.app to the Applications folder and replace the older version).

Please let us know what you find & how it all goes, and if you're still having trouble, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• pk712
    pk712
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,
    I got my numbers mixed up-I do have the current version of 1Password ( I always do my updates). I checked there was a new update of iTunes done yesterday-I didn't start it and don't recall doing the latest El Capitain but it's there. Anyway I simply moved the icon from the dock. Opened Finder and dragged it back in. seems to be working fine. thanks for your help. I was afraid something was going on that was messing with my 1Password that I rely on.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pk712

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that everything's working for you now. If you bump into any other problems or need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.