Chrome Extension not working [1Password 6 Beta does not support all extensions yet]

toobs
toobs
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm hoping that someone could please help me because I cannot figure out on how to use 1Password with Chrome on Windows. I have the extension on Chrome and the app for Windows. I launch Chrome, click on 1Password extension and it launched the app I enter in my master password and when I try using 1Pasword in Chrome, it doesn't work. I'm an new user, so I have nothing in my vault. When I try to login to my email and whatever else, 1Pass doesn't do anything. I get no prompt asking me if I want to save the login/pass. I get nothing at all. When I go to the extension and right click, "Options" in grey out. I don't understand what is going on. How do I get 1Pass to work with Chrome so that I can add stuff to my vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

I think that the chrome extension is broken because i can add stuff in my vault, but not directly from the site to 1Pass. I'm not about to manually add sites in my vault. That's too much work. Please fix it.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

I'm trying the family plan. If that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

@toobs: It sounds like you may be using the 1Password 6 beta on Windows. Is that the case? That may be the source of the confusion, so I'm sorry for that! The beta currently has only basic login filling support, so there is no menu there yet. Autosave will also be added in a future update. In the mean time, you can add information in the main 1Password app, and if you're at a URL that matches an item in your vault, pressing Ctrl + Alt + \ or clicking the 1Password extension button should fill it. I hope this helps!

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

Yes, I'm running 1Password 6 Beta on Windows. It's very beta. Too much beta to spread it out to my family. They will have a hard time at using 1Password because we all use Windows. You guys really need to put out a full functionally app on Windows, hopefully before my 30 days are up :). I have a question. What if I cannot get my family use 1Password due to whatever reason and I'm subscribing to the family plan. Can I switch over to your one time pay standalone app and somehow migrate all of my passwords over? I really don't want to enter all of my pass manually in my vault because of the beta and have to do it all over again if I switch to your other plan.

• Hi @toobs,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum.

We do not recommend 1Password Families yet for Families that are exclusively Windows, mainly because we don't have a stable Windows app yet. 1Password Families is great if you have a mix of other platforms such as Android, iOS and macOS.

We are working as fast as we can to build up 1Password 6 with all features but it will take some time. 1Password 6 is a brand new app with no code being reused from any other 1Password apps, so a lot of things are not yet implemented.

We are going to be adding a lot of features related to the extensions soon but I don't have a precise timeframe and I can't promise we'll have it done before your trial is up.

If you use 1Password 4 now, you can migrate it later using 1Password 6, we've just finished implementing 1PIF import in recent updates, so it can import the export data from other 1Password apps. In the near future, you'll be able to add your local vaults without exporting and migrating all data correctly to your 1Password family account as well.

One thing to keep in mind that is we don't sell family licenses, only the 1Password Families subscription. I'll send you a private message with an idea.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

How do I move everything over to IPassword 4 from 1Password 6 Beta? Or do I need to delete my account for 1Password 6 Beta and then setup a brand new account to try out 1Password 4 for 30 days and than pay for it after? I don't want to go too deep into the beta app and then do the process all over again. My family will not use the beta app because it's not ready for prime time. I would rather switch over now then much later.

• MikeT
    edited July 2016

Hi @toobs,

If you've already added data to your 1Password Account, there isn't a way to export it out to a local vault file using 1Password 6 Beta, we haven't implemented the export feature yet. For now, if you do not have a Mac to export the data, you'll have to re-add the data manually to use it in 1Password 4.

You can move data from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6, but not vis versa yet.

1Password 4 does not support 1Password.com service at all, which is why we're building 1Password 6 instead with 1Password.com in mind.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT,

Luckily, I haven't added too much stuff in my vault on 1Password 6. How do I delete my current account with 1Password 6 and setup an new account with 1Password 4? I want you guys to totally delete me off your servers, so I can sign up for 1Password 4 for a single user. I want to use the same email that I used to signup for 1Password Families.

• Hi @toobs,

As I mentioned before, 1Password 4 does not deal with 1Password accounts, there's nothing to set up with. 1Password 4 is a local standalone program which stores data locally and that does not leave your drive. You create a local vault file and 1Password reads and writes to it like a document file. As your vault files are not stored on our servers, you would have to rely on your own third party sync service to sync the files to your other computers.

Once you manually copy the data from 1Password 6 Beta to 1Password 4 and you want to delete your 1Password account, you can do it yourself on 1Password.com. Log into your 1Password Account on 1Password.com, click on your account name on top right, select Families Settings and then click on Delete Families account.

Once you delete your account, it cannot be recovered later.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

Ahhh, I now understand how 1Password works now. Clever!!! :)

• Hopefully once 1Password 6 is stable and mature, you'll be able to give 1Password Families another try and see why we built it in the first place as it really does simplify everything for most of our customers.

• toobs
    toobs
    Community Member

I need help again. I'm not sure at what I'm doing wrong. I ended up deleting the families account through the site. I uninstalled 1Password 6 on my computer. I signed up for 1Password again, but when I try to download the app, I don't see 1Password 4 anywhere for Windows. I only see 1Password 6 beta. What am I doing wrong?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toobs: I'm not sure from you're description ("deleting the families account", "signed up for 1Password again") what you're trying to do, but here are both "paths" that will work for you, depending on your preference:

1Password Families/Teams

1. Sign up for an account
    2. Login and go to Settings
    3. Refer to the "Get the Apps" section for downloads

1Password standalone app

1. Download 1Password

And if you're encountering trouble with a specific area of the website, be sure to let us know the URL in case something needs to be addressed there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.