Specifying browser per item

Options
sberchtold
sberchtold
Community Member

In some cases it would be very useful to open a login with a different browser, f.e. if you didn't install Flash Player and use Chrome not as standard but only for sites that need Flash. A mark like "try to open with...Chrome/Firefox/Safari" or leave blank for standard browser in login items could be a fine option.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sberchtold: 1Password can't fill in Flash, but the example may be beside the point. I'd hate to have to manage those settings myself, but we can definitely consider making it possible to choose a target browser for logins. However, there are already a number of great apps that let you do this system-wide. My personal preference is Choosy, but I know there are others as well. Cheers! :)

• sberchtold
    sberchtold
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your comment. Even when Flash can't be filled in it's useful to have startet the correct browser. F.e. the management site of our analog to ISDN gateway doesn't work with Safari at all and needs Firefox. As for Choosy is fine I'd like to manage those things at the place I work most with: 1Password:-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood. :)

I just find it's useful to use an app that can do that system-wide. I think we really want to continue to focus on 1Password's core functionality for now, but perhaps we'll expand it with some basic browser-choosing functionality in the future. Thanks for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.