iPhone syncs with iCloud but does not display list of passwords!

Options
helloanjali
helloanjali
Community Member
edited July 2016 in iOS

I had to replace my iPhone the other day due to hardware issues. After replacing the iPhone6 which by the way has updated software (iOS 9.3.3), I proceeded to download the 1password app. Yesterday, the app was working just fine. I have it set up to sync with iCloud. The app was populated with my passwords that I restored from my iCloud backup.
Today, I went into the app on my iPhone to access a pw and it was completely empty. To troubleshoot, I unlocked the 1password app on the phone > then went into settings > sync > Primary (iCloud) > sync now. It synced the items. Then I went back into Categories to look up my passwords. It's empty! The Folders are empty. The tags are empty. Everything is empty. I'm getting a bubble prompt that says "Create your first item". So, the problem is that the app shows that my pw list being synced with iCloud but the list of pw is not populating in the app. Btw, I can see all of my pw on my Mac 1password app just fine. It's the iPhone that I'm having trouble with.

Please help. I need to be able to access my pw on the go! And, I have the pro account.

1Password Version: 6.4.3
Extension Version: 4.5.8.90
OS Version: iOS 9.3.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @helloanjali,

I'm sorry you're having this problem with 1Password on your iPhone! That's very strange and I don't know why something like that would happen, but I'm sure we can figure it out and help get things working properly again.

If you haven't already tried rebooting your iPhone, please try doing that and then open/unlock 1Password again to see if your data appears.

If that doesn't help, do you have all your latest data in 1Password on your Mac? If so, you can try resetting the 1Password app on your iPhone and setting it up again:

• On your iPhone, open and unlock 1Password.
    • Tap on Settings, then scroll down and tap on Advanced.
    • Scroll down and tap on Erase All 1Password Data.
    • Confirm that you want to erase all 1Password data from that device.

Once the app resets, open it on your iPhone again and set it up by syncing your data from iCloud.

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• helloanjali
    helloanjali
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. Before I try the "Erase All 1Password Data" on the iPhone option, I want to make sure that the iphone won't sync and erase my backup as well or erase my data on the Mac. I will try that once you confirm this.

• Ben
    Options

@helloanjali,

Correct; that should not be possible. But even if by some freak chance it does 1Password for Mac automatically backs up your data:

1Password backups

Thanks!

Ben

• helloanjali
    helloanjali
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I followed Drew's advice -- I removed the app on my iPhone, then re-downloaded it, and re-synced it. It's working fine now. Thanks for the help. And, thank you for the prompt replies!!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @helloanjali

On behalf of Ben and Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that everything's back in place with 1Password for you! If there's anything else we can do for you, we're always here to help! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.