Sync of Attachments?

Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member

I've added an attachment to a login in a shared vault. The attachment does not appears in the shared vault of the other person. It appears on my other iOS devices, and edited text appears on all devices.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mr. K.

If this is on iOS, the other user may not have the Pro features purchased.

Attachment viewing is a feature that requires having Pro unlocked. Without Pro the user would just see the item without the attachments.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Yes iOS. The app is family shared.

• Unfortunately Family Sharing does not matter in this case:

What types of content can I share with Family Sharing? - Apple Support

The 1Password Pro features must be purchased for each Apple ID, or unlocked by signing into a 1Password.com subscription account.

Thanks,

Ben

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member

Well there you are! I think I'll just add the attachment to her vault and be done with it. Too bad it doesn't work.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member

I tried adding the image in her 1Password on her user on the Mac. I made sure the Dropbox sync was set up and working, but still no image synced to the login on her iPad. Like I said, text edits do sync. I could use some help please.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mr. K.

This has nothing to do with where you add it or how you add the image. The problem is that her copy of 1Password on iOS requires the Pro features. She will have to purchase it in order to view attachments.

See our Pro Features support page for more details.

Once she has the Pro features, which you can check the status on by going to 1Password > Settings > Pro features.

If it says "Buy Now" that will explain why she cannot view attachments. If you instead see "Purchased" that will mean that she does have them and something else is going wrong.

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member

OK. I see that pricing has gone way up, and now you have a subscription plan. I've got to say this is a disappointment. I've recommended 1Password to others in the past, but I can't do so anymore in good conscience. Apple's iCloud Keychain and secure notes has eliminated much of what I use 1Password for. Thanks. I enjoyed your app for many years, but I think I'm not going to pay for anymore features. I'll keep it until it no longer works.

• Mr. K,

The Pro features for the iOS app are currently $9.99 USD in the iTunes App Store. No subscription required. Our new subscription services do offer a lot of additional features and convenience, but we haven't gone to a subscription only model.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.