1Password 6 Chrome Extension Confusion

unixdespair
unixdespair
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, hopefully you can help me out here. I've been using 1Password 4 for some time. I cut over to 1Password for Families a few months ago and have been using it just fine.

I'm very confused about the state of the plugin for Chrome. I have the latest 1Password v6 for windows installed (not the somewhat awful UWP one, the native one). But, the plugin for Chrome still wants to open my old local 1Password v4 vault. I've deleted the plugin and tried reinstalling (enabling the beta plugin) but it is still wanting to use my local vault.

Is there, or is there not, a way to get even basic plugin functionality in the plugin for Chrome to somehow pull data out of my online 1Password for Families vault?

1Password Version: 6.0.183.d
Extension Version: 4.5.8.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2016

@unixdespair: Sorry for the confusion! The 1Password 6 beta has basic login filling currently. To use it, the 1Password will need to be open and unlocked. If you then click the button or press Ctrl Alt \ it will fill (or offer a list of) logins matching that URL. If there are none that match, it will display "No matches found".

If 1Password 4 is running in the background, it will take over communications with the browser extensions. You can either kill the Agile1PAgent/1Password32bit process or uninstall the app. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• unixdespair
    unixdespair
    Community Member

Yep, that works. I'll just uninstall 1Password 4. Thanks for the info,

• unixdespair
    unixdespair
    Community Member

Yep, that works. I'll just uninstall 1Password 4. Thanks for the info,

• That's great to hear and on behalf of Brenty, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.