Over time I end up with multiple copies of the items I have recorded in secure notes.

Options

I maintain various lists of information in Secure Notes. Overtime I end up with many copies of the same list each divided by a mark like ======.
I have cleaned things out and started with a fresh list and over time I end of up with 4 to 6 copies. At present, when I copied the data into a spread sheet, I had over 500 lines.

Thanks for any help.
Tom

Comments

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hi @TomIII,

The ==== mark means it was merged in due to a sync conflict. 1Password on either iOS or macOS detected a sync conflict and couldn't figure out which file (local or remote from Dropbox/other sync) was the latest. So, it merged the content from one copy into the secure note item it has now and then deleted the other one to resolve the conflict. It is up to you to clear the content manually below === if you don't want it.

Clearing the entire content of the item and pasting it again wouldn't prevent this because it's the same item and since it is encrypted, 1Password or Dropbox doesn't know what you were doing with this item, it's all random strings to them. If you want to start over to stop this, make sure you start over with a new item, rather than an existing item.

The best way to prevent this is to make sure 1Password isn't running on all devices and computers at the same time and to sync the data completely before you close the app.

• TomIII
    TomIII
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your assistance. I will apply the fix you have suggested.

Tom

• MikeT
    edited July 2016
    Options

You're welcome, let us know if you still see this issue. We are looking into a better solution for resolving sync conflicts with secure note items in the future.

This discussion has been closed.