License file missing...

Options
CesarBarros
CesarBarros
Community Member

Hi!

I'm an old 1password user, I had to change my computer, however I cannot migrate my 1password to new Mac. You guys sent me the license key and said I should "Select 1Password > License... and past the above information" however, when I do it, it asks me a file (to choose one in finder). I can't paste anything!

Please, let me know how to proceed. Thanks much!

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX10.11
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:license file

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CesarBarros,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Your license is for 1Password 3 and thus won't work with newer versions of 1Password like 4, 5, and — the current version — 6.

The best way to upgrade is to sign up for a 1Password account. You'll be able to download the latest app for free, move your existing data to your new 1Password account, and enjoy a 30-day free trial for the latest version of 1Password.

If you prefer to sync with Dropbox, iCloud, or over your local network, you can enter your old license key on the upgrade page to view the discounted upgrade options available to you. :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @CesarBarros

Thanks for taking the time to write in. The only license I see under the email address you used to register for the forums is a 1Password 3 for Mac MacUpdate bundle license from 2011. Unfortunately this won't work for the latest 1Password 6 for Mac.

You have a few options.

You could use 1Password 3 for Mac, though it is not compatible with El Capitan:

AgileBits Downloads

(scroll down to "OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard
    1Password 3.8.22")

You could upgrade your license to a modern license so that you can use 1Password 6 for Mac:

Upgrades for Existing License Owners

You could sign up for our 1Password subscription service which includes access to the latest versions of all of our native 1Password apps. This comes with a bunch of other benefits as well, including your data being automatically accessible whenever/wherever you sign into your 1Password account, web access, etc. You can read more here:

Pricing - 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• CesarBarros
    CesarBarros
    Community Member
    Options

Guys,

that 2011 license was the very first time I've bought it... I was using another license, for 1password 4 or 5 in my other Mac, due to a Cleverbridge package I've bought in Nov/26/2015 (reference # 83384264, invoice AKD-73644511215) with Parallels 11 product. If you need, I have the invoice here to prove it.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, no worries. I'm sure we can get you back up and running in to time then. Sorry for the confusion, @CesarBarros.

Could you email us the invoice? support+licenses@agilebits.com

Just mention my name in the subject line, and I'll be tagged on it: Khad Young

• CesarBarros
    CesarBarros
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it Khad. Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Perfect. I see your email and will reply right now. :)

ref: FYI-33279-399

• CesarBarros
    CesarBarros
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much Khad! Another happy customer! Have a great weekend 8-)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Success! All the best to you, my friend.

I can have a better weekend knowing I was able to get this sorted out for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.