1Password6 mac starts on every restart

amcd
amcd
Community Member

Suddenly 1Password 6 is launching every time I restart my Mac.... I have OSX 10.11.6..

I have tried all the usual thinks such a Preferences> User > login items and I have also disabled the Safari extension...

I even did a reinstall of OSX.. made no difference

Please help... thanks

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password6 mac starts on every restart

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amcd

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password and it's behaviour! Have you tried right clicking on 1Password in your dock, then going to Options and disabling Open at Login? Would you please give this a try and see what happens?

Please let us know if this does the trick or if we have to dig any further! :chuffed:

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member

Thanks Pilar but I already tried that.... 1Password6 insists on starting overtime... I just reinstalled it and the same problem persists

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@amcd,

What happens if you restart your Mac and turn off "Reopen windows when logging back in"? Does the main 1Password app still open when you log in to your OS X account even with that option disabled?

There isn't any code in 1Password itself that will make it launch when you start your Mac, so you'll need to look outside of 1Password. You may want to run through the list in this Macworld article to see if that helps:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2047747/take-control-of-startup-and-login-items.html

One thing I do want to mention is that 1Password mini — the menu bar icon — is normally set to launch when you log in to your Mac. But it sounded to me like you were talking about the main 1Password app. I just want to be 100% clear on that. Can you confirm which one you meant?

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member

Yes of course I am aware of that closing down window and it is NOT Checked for re-open... 1Password mini is running..

**I am talking about the Main app launching despite all attempts to stop it... **

I looked at the link you just sent and checked all Launch Deamons and Agents, none exist for 1Password or Agilebits..

Thanks for your help

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@amcd,

Thanks for confirming. It is always good to make certain we are discussing the problem we think we are discussing. I've been doing this long enough to know that there can be confusion from time to time. It's always better to be clear without even a hint of ambiguity. :)

I've got to say, this is a pretty rare case. The last report of anything like this I could find was about a year ago, with different versions of both 1Password and OS X.

I'm assuming that if other apps were also launching on startup, you would have mentioned that. Let me know, though.

I'm guessing the problem will be isolated to your OS X user account, but it could help narrow down the search to confirm that it isn't affecting any other OS X user account. If you don't have another OS X user account, could you create one to test?

Apple Support: Set up users on your Mac

I'd also like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. I'm not expecting it will help us, but at this point we need to make sure there isn't anything we are overlooking.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• amcd
    amcd
    Community Member

Thanks for all of that... My user account had become corrupted somehow.... In order to fix it I had to delete the account and then recreate it.. luckily all my data is backed up...

thanks for your help... Allan

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Sorry to hear about all you had to go through, but I'm glad everything is working well now. :)

If we can ever be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Have a fantastic weekend!

This discussion has been closed.