Using Families with Windows 10 and Chrome

habermeyer
habermeyer
Community Member

I am setting up a new trial of 1Password Families, on Windows 10 and iPhones. Questions:
1) Is there any kind of a 1Password application that needs to get installed on Windows 10, or is it all through the browser url?
2) The Chrome extension helper does not seem to work. When do you anticipate this will be available? (I don't want to subscribe until it works...)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @habermeyer,

Thanks for trying 1Password Families. :)

1. Follow the steps here to install the 1Password app for Windows 10: https://support.1password.com/1password-setup/?win#set-up-the-apps
    2. The extension will work once you install the app. :+1:

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• habermeyer
    habermeyer
    Community Member

Thank for the quick response. I installed the Windows 10 desktop app (6.0.183d), and the Chrome extension beta. The app shows all my saved logins, as expected. When I click on the extension icon in Chrome, it does not give an error, but nothing happens. If I try to sign into a site that asks for a username and password, I do not get any pop-up asking me to save the information to 1Password. Is something still missing?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@habermeyer,

It's not yet possible to save passwords in the extension when running 1Password 6 for Windows, but if filling isn't working:

1. Open Task Manager. If you don't see the list of background processes, click "More details" in the bottom left.
    2. Select "1Password (32 Bit)" and click "End task".
    3. Select "Agile1pAgent" and click "End task".

Does that allow you to use the extension to fill passwords?

• habermeyer
    habermeyer
    Community Member

Filling in the passwords is now working Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. That is exactly what I wanted to hear on this fine Sunday. :)

Have a marvelous rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.