Add to Apple Watch does not appear

jeff_b
jeff_b
Community Member

I have 6.2.1 installed on my iPhone running iOS 9.2.1 and Pro features enabled. I have enabled Apple Watch on my iPhone and added a pin code. I have installed iPassword on my Apple Watch. Add to Apple Watch does not appear on any of my entries on my iPhone. What a I missing?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.2.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeff_b,

welcome to the 1Password forums :) And sorry for your troubles.

Do you have multiple vaults in your 1Password? Currently items can only be added to the Apple Watch from the primary vault. Is that the case for you? Are you trying to add items from the primary vault to the Apple Watch?

• jeff_b
    jeff_b
    Community Member

Thank you! That was the problem. For some reason I ended up with a second vault on my iPhone which was the one that synced to my computer. I deleted it and synced the Primary on my iPhone to the computer and now everything is working okay. Thanks again!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@jeff_b glad I could help!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• casemac
    casemac
    Community Member

I recently set up a Family Team account and migrated all items from my Primary vault to Team vaults. Can I add items from a team account to my Apple Watch?

• Unfortunately not quite yet, but that is something we're working on. :)

Ben

• blee4
    blee4
    Community Member

I'd like to +1 support for Adding to Apple Watch from secondary vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the vote! It's something we're looking forward to ourselves. :)

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member

'Add to Apple Watch' isn't appearing as an option on my Families / Pro account on iPhone. I have removed the other vaults so there is only one left. Do I need to rename it 'Primary' to get this to work?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heronlen: Sorry for the confusion there! As mentioned previously, the Add to Apple Watch option will only appear in supported vaults/items. 1Password for Apple Watch only supports data in the Primary vault, which is local to the device, not part of 1Password Families/Teams. Simply naming a vault "Primary" won't have any effect.

You can, however, reinstall 1Password and set it up with brand new vault, which will be the Primary, and then login to your 1Password Account to add those vaults as well. I've copied a few items to my Primary vault for this same purpose.I hope this helps! :)

• heronlen
    heronlen
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Thanks @brenty I got it working with my Apple Watch but issue was that the other passwords on my family account were visible by count but not actually viewable. Anyway, don't worry. There is a very limited use case for having passwords available on the watch. I can live with it until 1Password get the issue completely fixed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heronlen: No problem! I'm still sorry that we don't have a better solution yet, but we're working on it. Thanks for your patience and understanding. I'm glad that will work for you in the mean time. :)

• gonesouth1965
    gonesouth1965
    Community Member

Okay, so I just went on the plan that I share with my family. Because I went on this plan I lose the ability to put items on my watch now? It that correct? Thanks for your help in advance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gonesouth1965: Sorry for the confusion there! You don't actually "lose" anything. Instead, you gain the ability to share vaults with your family members and not pay for multiple copies of the apps. However, you do not gain the ability to add items from those vaults to your Apple Watch (yet). You can add items from the Primary vault to Apple Watch whether you're using the standalone 1Password app with Pro Features though, or using 1Password Families (or Teams).

If you don't already have a Primary vault, just reinstall 1Password and set it up with a new vault. This will be the Primary. Then you can login to your 1Password Account to add its vaults, and copy any items you want stored on your Apple Watch over to the Primary vault. I hope this helps! :)

• stephenmelrose
    stephenmelrose
    Community Member
    edited July 2016

Apologies if I should have started a new thread for this, but lots of context in this one.

I created my account via the website and added my card details to register for "Pro". I then downloaded the Mac app and Chrome extension, and added a few login + card details.

I then downloaded the iOS app and installed the Apple Watch app. As per @jeff_b I,

I have enabled Apple Watch on my iPhone and added a pin code. I have installed iPassword on my Apple Watch. Add to Apple Watch does not appear on any of my entries on my iPhone. What a I missing?

Looking in my app settings, I can see 2 vaults for some reason,

• Primary
    • Stephen Melrose (title, not a vault)
    • Personal

The latter is the one the website + Mac app is using.

So, AFAIK the "Personal" one is my primary one. It is the only one that displays on the website UI and my Mac app.

So why do I have a "Primary" in the iOS app?

Steve

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stephenmelrose: You'll have a Primary vault stored locally on the device if you setup 1Password with a new vault originally or sync'd one from somewhere else. The Personal vault is part of your 1Password Account; the Primary will never be. But for the time being, if you want to use 1Password for Apple Watch, you'll need to use the Primary vault for that purpose. I hope this helps clarify things!

• stephenmelrose
    stephenmelrose
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you very much for your reply. Certainly clarifies things, albeit annoyingly. I must say, as a new user it was very confusing, but I appreciate 1Password is evolving and hopefully Apple Watch will get better :)

• Thanks for the feedback, @stephenmelrose! We're constantly working on improving the product and appreciate your thoughts. :)

Ben

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I only use my 1Password Account / Personal Vault on all platforms so that I don't have to rely on any external sync services. Now I can't use Apple Watch. Please support Apple Watch for this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy: I do, and you totally can too! Just use the workaround I mentioned above to use a Primary vault for this purpose. Cheers! :)

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

I want my 1Password account to be the primary vault. I don't want to see the additional options such as Folders and All Vaults in the UI which appear when I add an additional vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@kathampy: Your 1Password Account will never have a Primary vault, only Personal, Shared, and any others you create. And when you have a vault selected from your 1Password Account, you will not have options which are irrelevant (such as folders and attachments). You can also easily hide the Primary vault from All Vaults in Settings. You don't have to do this, but I wanted to offer it as a workaround since you wanted to use 1Password on your Apple Watch. And Apple Watch predates 1Password Accounts, it isn't possible to use those vaults for this purpose...yet. ;)

• poussah
    poussah
    Community Member

Hi, I'd like to add my vote for a quick resolution of this issue, I use the workaround but it's pretty annoying to have to manage copies of the items we want on the watch.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't know that "quick" helps anyone since we want to make sure it works well too, but we're working on it. Cheers! :)

• rochak
    rochak
    Community Member

HI - any updates on this feature? I also want support of apple watch through "personal vault" and not just "primary vault"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rochak: We don't have anything to announce yet, but we're working on adding support for multiple vault types in a future release. Keep an eye out for updates! :)

• ksandy
    ksandy
    Community Member

So I just found this thread after banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why this wasn't working. Seems that if the feature was going to take awhile to implement you could have easily added a check of available vaults when the user tries to toggle on Apple Watch support to let them know their setup is incompatible, no?

• paulsahner
    paulsahner
    Community Member

I'd just like to add my vote for Apple Watch support for Teams/Family Vaults. I don't have a Primary Vault, but I am a member of one Team and one Family and right now 1Password is unusable on the watch, which is very disappointing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ksandy: "Easily" is a dangerous term. That sounds perfectly reasonable, but we're focusing our energy on building the new app to support any vaults. Of course, adding support for non-Primary vaults sounded easy at first too! :lol:

@paulsahner: Hang in there. We're testing this in beta, and we'll get it out to everyone as soon as it's ready. :)

• zeromtmu
    zeromtmu
    Community Member

i can't find add to apple watch too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@zeromtmu: As mentioned above, the Add to Apple Watch option will only appear for supported items in the Primary vault currently. We're working on the new app to support all vault types, so you can either wait for it to be finished, or use a Primary vault with your Apple Watch. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.