Family account with AppStore version ?

Options
Pacster
Pacster
Community Member

Hello
I have a 1PW account that I got through the Apple store, to get the icloud synching (I actually also have a Windows license). I would like the other two members of my family to also use it, but with that same icloud option.
Now the Appstore buy is not subscription-based, unless that has changed... Is there a way to get a discount on multiple licenses, or what would be my best option?
Thanks in advance..

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Pacster,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Our 1Password Families service is subscription based, includes access to all of our compatible apps for all of your invited family members, and all of your data is accessible either through the apps or the website simply by signing into your account.

What you're using currently would be a standalone 1Password for Mac license purchased from Apple. This does not include the 1Password service or a 1Password account. It can sync with iCloud or Dropbox.

1Password Families is how we normally recommend families use 1Password. It was designed specifically for that, after all. We built it from the ground up based on feedback from folks using the standalone 1Password apps who were frustrated with the difficulty and reliability of 3rd party sync services and the lack of a natural feel to sharing. 1Password Families addresses all of that. You can read more about it here:

Families - 1Password

If you aren't sure you are welcome to sign up for a 30 day free trial. :)

If you still think you'd prefer to purchase standalone copies of the app and sync via iCloud you can do that, but do please be aware that iCloud does not allow for the sharing of any 1Password data between family members. You can purchase standalone licenses here:

https://1password.com/extlink/purchase-license/

They are also available from Apple in the App Stores.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.