Save generated passwords automatically when blocking the app

Options
noktigula
noktigula
Community Member

Hi guys,
Thanks for nice app! It works fine, but have you think about saving password when blocking the app? For example, if I have only one app on Android phone (no desktop clients), and I generate some pass. After it, I don't press "save" immediately, but print generated password manually on laptop. When I enter to site, I forgot about phone, and after some time it blocks. Then, after few minutes, I need my password again (for example, for account activation), I'm unlocking phone, unlocking the app, and whoooops - my password is gone. I understand, that this is mostly my fault, and I should be more careful about such things, but it would be really nice, if you guys will save new passwords somewhere inside onPause() or onStop() methods in your activity =)
And this really make a struggle for me, because now I stuck on confirmation of PayPal account, but I already bind my bank account to it. And I can't reset password, because it isn't activated. So, little feature of saving passwords could save me a lot of time and nervous.
However, if you find it impossible, or if it isn't bug, but a feature, please share your thought here =)
Thanks a lot for app again!

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @noktigula, Glad you like 1Password and sorry to hear that you're having problems with drafts on your Android phone.
    The behaviour that you describe is known to the AgileBits team and was recently discussed here. I quote:

At the moment, 1Password for Android does not save drafts of items, so if the app moves to the background or if your display sleeps while an item is being created or edited, the draft will indeed be lost. This is a feature we have an open issue regarding, ref: OPA-444

I'm sure that when one of the team members reads your post, they will pass on your feedback to the developer team.

In the meantime — remember to save often.

Cheers,
    Rob

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@noktigula: First of all, I'm sorry you found yourself in that predicament, and that there isn't an easy solution. You're very kind to say such nice things about 1Password, and for taking the time to give us this feedback — especially under the circumstances. I wish 1Password was able to help you more in this situation, and perhaps we'll be able to have it do just that in the future. Thank you for bringing this up! I've shared your experience with the rest of the team. I agree that we can do better here. :blush:

ref: OPA-444

This discussion has been closed.