How to disable syncing

Options
DennisDreissen
DennisDreissen
Community Member

I just signed up for the 6 months free trial, and I was wondering if there's any way to disable vault syncing with the Agilebits servers? I don't want my vaults to be synced by default and I don't want my data to be accessible from the 1Password web portal. I want to take care of syncing my vaults between my devices myself.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:disable sync

Comments

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @DennisDreissen, you would likely want to move to a standalone application as opposed to the individual plan offering you setup. Via the standalone apps, you can setup syncing through Dropbox, iCloud or Wi-Fi. Click either of those options to go to the support page explaining all of them.

Obviously, 1Password has your security in mind for syncing to and from 1password.com. There should be some additional security information at https://support.1password.com/teams-faq/ and there's a large, 60+ page Whitepaper on Teams and Families security at https://teams.1password.com/white-paper/1Password for Teams White Paper.pdf that likely has between everything you wanted to know and way more than you wanted to know, depending on your level of comfort with cryptography and math (information taken from here). Note that the individual plan is built on the same technology that Families and Teams is.

Or someone from the helpful 1Password support team can fill you in more.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DennisDreissen ,

Cwanja is right, if you would prefer to sync your vaults on your own, what you’re looking for is a standalone license for 1Password rather than a 1Password account.

You can purchase a license for the desktop versions of 1Password on our store, and the iOS and Android apps are free downloads from the iOS App Store and Google Play Store respectively.

If you’d like to move from a 1Password account to a standalone license, please let me know which platforms you are currently using 1Password on and I can help you move your data into local vaults.

But, I do encourage you to take a look at some of the information that cwanja shared in their post above. We put a lot of effort into the security design of 1Password accounts to ensure that your data is protected in every way possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.