How can I downgrade my 1password family account to single one?

fdfandrade
fdfandrade
Community Member

I currently has a 1password family account, but want to change the license (and billing) to single one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:downgrade family

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fdfandrade,

Thanks for asking about this. :)

There's no need to have both an individual and family account. We recommend using your Personal vault in the family account.

If you're the only one in your family account, simply sign up for the individual plan, move your items over, and then delete your family account. Let me know if you have any questions about the particulars of that.

• fdfandrade
    fdfandrade
    Community Member

Thanks @khad

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It's my pleasure to help. :)

Have a marvelous weekend!

• mflopez79
    mflopez79
    Community Member

Hello there,

I was using the family plan but with only one member (me). I would like to switch to the "single" user subscription plan you just launched. I couldn't find how to do it using the console. Is there any way to do it, or should I cancel my current family subscription and signup for a new "single" one account?

Thanks!

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

Fellow user @mflopez79 has the very same question I do. As much I would like to have my relatives share in this software, the need does not exist for more than one user.

It would be nice to know though, that for an individual user, is there a way to designate one or more people to inherit the information if I should pass, aka die.

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member

I am also very interested in this!

• Pfhortune
    Pfhortune
    Community Member

I would also like to know this! I literally just signed up for 1Password Families about a week ago, only ever planning to use it myself.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

I've no current plans to change to an individual subscription, but would like to know how to change to one once my current family plan expires in around a year's time - hope this is the right place to ask :chuffed:

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

One answer is provided in this thread here - not sure if they have a simple downgrade button - or plans to set something like this up - for you to retain your current URL.

CC/ @mflopez79 @Kurtois @skylarp @Pfhortune @pbryanw

• mflopez79
    mflopez79
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

If you're the only one in your family account, simply sign up for the individual plan, move your items over, and then delete your family account. Let me know if you have any questions about the particulars of that.

I was trying to avoid that, but thanks anyway @cwanja

• Hi folks,

We do hope to offer a more seamless conversion in the near future. How near exactly I couldn't say. If you already have a 1Password Families subscription you may want to hold out until that is available. Otherwise the instructions mentioned above are the current solution.

Sorry we don't yet have an easier way!

Thanks!

Ben

• Kurtois
    Kurtois
    Community Member

@Ben - I do plan to hold out, as you suggest. I have not compared pricing, but is the individual plan priced less than the Families plan? If so, I would like to hope that AgileBits would be willing to extend some sort of credit for those patiently waiting for a smooth transition path from Families to Individual.

By the way, I have a question in this thread, however, it seems to be getting overlooked(?):
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/315157#Comment_315157

• Pfhortune
    Pfhortune
    Community Member

@Ben That's pretty reasonable. I am still on my first 30 days, so I haven't paid yet. I won't be too bothered if I pay the extra $2 for a couple of months, but would really appreciate if a better solution came available before too much time has passed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kurtois ,

You can find pricing details on our website. A 1Password account is $2.99 per month (billed annually) for an individual, and 1Password Families is $4.99 per month (billed annually) for up to 5 people. At this time, I don’t believe we are able to provide a separate discount to 1Password Families owners who are migrating to the individual plan. This is part of the reason why we made the special launch special so special and offered 6 months of the individual account free.

And I’ll be sure that your question in the other thread is addressed soon. :)

Hi @Pfhortune,

Thanks for your patience! I’ll let our team know you’re interested in a simple way to transition between a Families and individual account. :)

• Adam_Keim
    Adam_Keim
    Community Member

I tried a free version of the 1password family version, and have all my passwords stored in the personal vault. I don't need a multi-person subscription, how can I migrate my family account to a personal account? I remember it was a huge hassle to move all my stuff into the family vault, and I'd rather not go through that hassle again.

Sync Type: Family Account

• MED1975
    MED1975
    Community Member

I signed up for the families version of 1Password. I would now like to migrate to the individual subscription. Is this going to be possible?

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member

@MED1975 you can find some answers in this thread here.

• Hi folks,

I've merged a few different threads that were all asking the same basic question, so if some posts here seem disjointed that is why.

At the moment there is no way to convert a family account into an individual account. If you'd like to switch at this time it is a manual process. You'd need to sign up for a new individual account, migrate your data from the family account to the individual account, and then delete the family account.

If you need help moving your items this guide should get you started:

How to migrate to a family or team

The guide is geared toward moving data from a local / standalone vault to a 1Password.com subscription account, but the concept is the same. If anyone has trouble please feel free to reach out.

We do hope to offer a more seamless conversion in the near future. How near exactly I couldn't say. If you already have a 1Password Families subscription you may want to hold out until that is available. Otherwise the instructions mentioned above are the current solution.

Thanks!

Ben

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Family accounts with a single member can now convert to individual accounts from the Family Settings page.

Sign in to your account on 1Password.com, click your account name in the top right, then choose Family Settings.

• dawncold
    dawncold
    Community Member

@khad Thanks, I have converted to individual account via Family Settings

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! I'm glad it worked well for you. :)

Let us know if anything else comes up. We are always here to help!

• skylarp
    skylarp
    Community Member

Worked like a charm for me! Thanks very much for this.

• On behalf of Ben and Khad, you're welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.