New API for loging into apps by google

ntimo
ntimo
Community Member

Hi there,

There is a new API out there or at least it's coming it is being developed by dashlane and Google to enable secure app logins. Maybe 1Passowrd for Android could implement it too?

There is link about the matter http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08/04/dashlane-google-introduce-openyolo-password-manager-api/

Thx
Timo

Comments

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@ntimo - Hi, I was just reading that article and came to the 1Password forums to see if anything about it had been posted :+1: . I'd also like to know if there are any plans for it to come to 1Password for Android?

• @ntimo I love your passion. I had a feeling you would be the first to bring this up! :lol:

We weren't quite ready to spill the beans on Open YOLO, but we are aware of this technology Google is working on. We plan to work closely with Google to bring this awesome feature to our users!

I don't have much else to share at this moment, but this is very exciting to us as well. Thank you for showing your interest.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hi @peri,
    oh, why did you know that. Now I would be interested ;) So you where knowing of this before? nice. I can't wait to see it in 1Password. And also seeing Dashlane having it first makes me so so sad :( Hope we won't have to wait long ;)

Thx
    Timo

• I hope we won't have to wait too long, too. :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Peri,
    Let me hope with you ;)

• :+1: :wink:

This discussion has been closed.