Selecting items in Multiple tags

Options
ugutech
ugutech
Community Member

I have been working on migrating my vault of 2k + items, mostly organized in folders, to the new system, using tags. Although I was dismayed there was no way to bulk edit tags, the "make one tag, then drag other items onto it" method worked fine for that. But now I'm running into another issue; there is no way that I can see to sort/find display all items that have NO tags. The logic of the search feature doesn't allow it. Also, the "top item list" layout doesn't let me have a "tags" column, so there's no way to sort by tags, and select the ones with no tags. It seems like the weakness of displaying and searching tags makes this new paradigm much inferior to the folder system.

(I put this in the "Families" category because there is no choice for the "Personal" yet)

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud & Hosted
Referrer: forum-search:tags

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ugutech,

Thanks for bringing up these issues.

there is no way that I can see to sort/find display all items that have NO tags.

One way to search for and list items without any tags is to choose Edit > Find > Show Search Options in the 1Password app menu (or press the ⌃⌥⌘F keyboard shortcut), then enter this search criteria:

Also, the "top item list" layout doesn't let me have a "tags" column, so there's no way to sort by tags, and select the ones with no tags.

The method above also works when Item List Layout > Top is enabled. A 'Tags' column there could get messy for items with several tags, but I've passed along the suggestion to our developers. We do have some ideas in mind for improving how tags and items with them are managed.

(I put this in the "Families" category because there is no choice for the "Personal" yet)

That's probably the best fitting spot for it until we've reworked the forum categories a bit. :)

Have a fun weekend!

ref: OPM-3632

• ugutech
    ugutech
    Community Member
    Options

Aha! I hadn't found those search options. Much better. Thanks for the reply and looking into the list layout thing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of sjk, you are quite welcome! :)

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.