.net Framework installation issues

robinolinsky
robinolinsky
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

New user as of today! I tried to download the Windows Beta version for Windows 7 Professional. I was prompted to download and install .net Framework 4.6. I did, restarted, and download the 1Password installer. Instead of the installation starting, I keep getting a message telling me to install the .net framework and I get sent back to the microsoft installer for .net. I have restarted, uninstalled .net, reinstalled, restarted again and I am still caught in this loop. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:.net download

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

Hey @robinolinsky, can you check to see if you have any pending system updates. If so, uninstall .NET 4.6, update your system, and try re-installing .NET 4.6

Let me know how this goes and if you have any trouble along the way.

• Hi @robinolinsky,

Just to be sure, please download .NET 4.6.1 from this link. We got some users who thought they were installing 4.6.1 but it was 4.5 instead.

• stevethepirate
    stevethepirate
    Community Member

Hi MikeT, I was having the same problem, and the link the app installer gave to install the "correct" .NET framework definitely took me to the installer for 4.5. Maybe something to look in to.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @stevethepirate,

We're trying to reproduce it but we can't, every one of us on our team is getting 4.6.1 and so does majority of our customers. We're not yet sure why it is showing up as 4.5 for you but we'll try to adjust this again in a future update.

• stevethepirate
    stevethepirate
    Community Member

Good to know! Thanks for the update, @MikeT

• You're welcome. Are you also on Windows 7 by the way?

I believe we've seen more of this on Windows 7 but we've gotten one on Windows 8 as well.

• stevethepirate
    stevethepirate
    Community Member

Yeah, this happened to me on my Windows 7 work computer.

• Thanks for letting us know, it might be something unique about Windows 7/8 that doesn't want to use the latest version.

• Just to add I am having the same problem. Running Windows 8.1 Professional. Clicking "Yes" when the installer asks me if want to download 4.6.1 takes me to the 4.5 page. This is the link in my IE browser: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @Michael Shingledecker,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll see if we can do a hard link to ask users to download the highest version here instead: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download

This discussion has been closed.