Wifi Sync: Failed to connect (mac to android)

jonathan001
jonathan001
Community Member

Wifi sync has always worked flawlessly for me, but for some reason I can't get it to sync this morning. When syncing from my mac to my android, I receive a Sync error promt:

"There was a temporary connection problem during sync. Please check the connection on both devices and try again."

Both of my devices are connected to the same wifi network and are also on the same network time (as suggested in another post). My firewall is off. Again, wifi sync has always been reliable but has stopped working since this morning. Thank you for your time - hope to hear from you soon.

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac / android
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:wifi sync

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jonathan001

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing your devices! I'm going to move your post into our Android category so the right people will be able to see it. We'll get this sorted out soon! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jonathan001: Hey there! I'm sorry you're having trouble with Wi-Fi Sync. Unfortunately it depends entirely on your network environment. If your devices can't connect to successfully transmit the data, then you'll end up with failures like the error you described.

The bad news is that there are a lot of "moving parts" involved in your network setup. But the good news is that you can follow the steps in this guide to get things configured and narrow down where things are going wrong for you:

Wi-Fi Sync troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• jonathan001
    jonathan001
    Community Member

@brenty I've reviewed the WiFi sync troubleshooting guide and have gone through steps 1-3, but to no avail :/

• Hi @jonathan001. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• iey4ai
    iey4ai
    Community Member

I also went through the troubleshooting guides, but they didn't help. According to the logs, the last time I got a successful sync was back in March 2016. Ever since March Sync has been broken for me.

I just sent you guys a bug report generated from both my phone and computer. Hope it helps! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iey4ai: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YAL-44351-296

This discussion has been closed.