When I try to edit any field, it's blank, and what I type does not appear

Options

Every field that I attempt to edit is blank...nothing shown. I can hit backspace and delete and type in the blind, but that's not easy, nor the way the program is supposed to work! I've been using it for years, so this is something new. Should I try to delete the program and reinstall?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I try to edit any field, it's blank, and what I type does not appear

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @brettz,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

This sounds like a known issue with a very old version of 1Password on current versions of OS X, but I'm not sure if it's the same issue since you didn't provide any version numbers.

Could you please let me know what version of 1Password you are using as well as what version of OS X?

• brettz
    brettz
    Community Member
    Options

Khad,
    I am using version 3.8.22 of 1Password with version 10.11.5 of OS X. As I said, I've been using 1Password for years, so I undoubtedly have an "older" version, but when I check for updates, it says I have the latest? Thanks!

Brett

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brettz: Correct. You have the newest version of 1Password 3, but it hasn't been updated in years, since 1Password 4, 5, and 6 were subsequently released. And indeed, given that 1Password 3 was developed so long ago, it is not compatible with El Capitan. But 1Password 6 fully supports El Capitan and modern browsers, and you can use your existing license to get a discount on upgrading.

However, you may also want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps and do away with licenses and sync configuration — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.