So how do I sync multiple vaults with Wifi? iCloud/Dropbox/Family are not an option

Options
hwieser
hwieser
Community Member

Hi,

I am looking to sync multiple vaults between Windows machines and iPhone. I just purchased the "pro Features" from within the iPhone app, stated: "Sync any vault on your Windows machine". The tacit "Dropbox only" was not mentioned and became obvious only after reading multiple posts here and the more complete description on the web.
I have also tried to reset Wifi sync etc. No difference.

Here is what I am trying to do: have private and work related vaults on Windows 10 machines and 1Password for Windows 4.6.604. Trying to sync with IPhone 6s an 6.4.3 pro over same Wifi. I never get the Option to sync a second vault over wifi.

Dropbox/iCloud is simply not an Option since my employer uses OneDrive exclusively, bans all else on IT managed devices.
With your lack of OneDrive support, I am left to sort out the wifi issue.

Please help? :)

1Password Version: 4.6.604 Windows
Extension Version: 6.4.3 iOS
OS Version: Windows 10, iOS
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2016
    Options

@hwieser

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I could've sworn I already wrote on this thread but apparently I did not!

We do not currently have a multi-vault sync solution for Windows over Wi-Fi, and I'm not aware of any plans to change that at this point. Our current focus on Windows is 1Password Families and 1Password Teams support.

At present time the only way to sync multiple vaults between Windows and iOS would be syncing via Dropbox (which I understand you cannot use) or 1Password Teams or 1Password Families (with the 1Password 6 for Windows beta).

1Password 4 for Windows does not support the concept of multiple vaults. It only accesses a single vault at a time.

I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• hwieser
    hwieser
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

thanks for taking the time to explain. Given the recent my.1password announcement, I can understand where the focus lies.
    I have tried the families option, but it requires MacOS 10.10, not an option since one central machine is stuck at 10.9.

Frankly, the Windows Beta search Performance and stability as well as a perceived lack of features compared to the desktop and certainly the Mac Version made me hesitate to trust my 1500+ passwords to it (user since 2008).
    The recent comments for Windows still point to IE11 as the browser wit no hint at a plugin for Edge.

So for the time being, I will stick with the "4" Releases on all platforms and frankly look at other alternatives like Dashlane.
    Thanks
    Hans

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback Hans. I'm sorry we don't currently offer a better solution for your situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.