Login to App on Android?

Options
martinnel
martinnel
Community Member

I have several apps on my Android phone (Droid Turbo 2, Android version 6.0) that require login. I would like my 1Password app (v 6.3.3) to log me into the app, CitiMobile, for example, rather than to the corresponding website, which is often not optimized for phone use. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Martin

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @martinnel. 1Password for Android can't open third-party apps, but you can open apps and fill using our custom keyboard. If you haven't already enabled the keyboard and accessibility service, you can find instructions for filling here:
    https://support.1password.com/android-keyboard/

Please give that a shot and let us know how it goes!

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member
    Options

Peri,

Well, I tried to follow the steps in the link, but under 'Automatic Filing' when I got to "Tap OK and enter your device password to acknowledge that your device won’t use your screen lock to enhance data encryption" there was no "OK" and no opportunity to enter my device password. Are these instructions for an earlier version or for iPhone? I feel like my 'device is now insecure.'

• peri
    Options

Hi @martinnel. There's a lot of diversity in Android devices, so the instructions (for vanilla Android) on our site may not apply to your specific device. Launch 1Password and tap Settings > Filling, and scroll down and tap Enable Automatic Filling. This will open up the Accessibility screen in your device settings where you'll be able to toggle 1Password Automatic Filing on. Then, if you follow steps 5-7 here, you can use screen lock to enhance data encryption.

Let me know how it goes!

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member
    Options

Peri,
    OK, I've done what the site and you suggest to the best of my ability. 1P Keyboard is enabled, Automatic Filing is enabled and I think I've got Screen Lock set under my phone's Security settings. I already have a security pattern, it asked for the pattern then took me to a new screen that doesn't have anything along the line of “Require (pattern, PIN, or password) to start device.” Security does have about four screens of choices which I've pasted before, but none seem to apply. I've attached them below (they look huge in preview, sorry).

I figured, well maybe I've done it. So I launched an app with a login and when I tap the username field to bring up the keyboard, I get my keyboard, but the little 1P keyboard icon that is supposed in the lower right, does not appear. Again, 1P Keyboard is enabled in 1Password's settings.

Any ideas?

• peri
    Options

Great! It looks like you've got pattern lock enabled, @martinnel. :)

As to the keyboard, it sounds like it's enabled, but you haven't yet switched to it. Please follow the steps here to tap on the keyboard icon and switch to the 1Password keyboard for filling:
    https://support.1password.com/android-keyboard/#use-the-1password-keyboard

As an FYI, when using the 1Password keyboard, you can long press on the space bar to bring up your keyboard options in order to quickly switch back to your preferred keyboard.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you're able to fill with the keyboard now!

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Peri. The keyboard icon never did come up, but the long press on the space bar works.

• peri
    Options

I'm glad to hear that, @martinnel! If you need anything else, just let us know. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.