Can i use a Mac App Store license in windows ?

Options
Gnartzz
Gnartzz
Community Member

Hi There,

I am a long Time 1password for Mac and iPhone User and have a 1password version purchased on the Mac/iphone app store. I also have a windows 10 installation and would like to use 1password for Windows.
The agile bits website states that the license is per person not per installation.

This leads to the following questions:
1. is there a way to get a "real" license key if you have a 1password version purchased on the app store ?
2. if so, is this key also valid to license a Windows (10) version of 1password ?
3. if not is there an upgrade option and how much does it cost ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours
Tim

1Password Version: 6 / 4 (Win)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX/IOS/Win
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gnartzz: Sorry for the confusion! There is no license for App Store purchases; rather, it's tied to your Apple ID. And Windows apps cannot be sold there anyway. While we currently offer a single desktop license for 1Password in the AgileBits Store, that was not always the case. It is the equivalent of the Mac + Windows bundle we sold previously. If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, just shoot us an email with a copy of your receipt at support+licenses@agilebits.com and we'll see what we can do to help. Cheers! :)

• dsarnoff
    dsarnoff
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat. Sending receipt now. Thanks!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dsarnoff,

We received your email, and I see that someone from our team just replied to you (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). Hopefully you're all set, but if you have any questions about that, we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: PMD-37965-673

• marekc
    marekc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys, I also emailed my iTunes receipt through last week.
    Hope you can help me too. I love 1Password!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marekc,

We got your email Thursday, 28 Jul 2016, and Andrew wrote back to you that same day (only a couple hours later). Can you check your spam folder? If you don't see his email, I can try sending another one. Just let me know. We'll get it sorted out. :)

ref: YIG-32793-999

• marekc
    marekc
    Community Member
    Options

Oh awesome, I'll take a look when I get home :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Be sure to let us know that you've received it. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.