Has the 20% off annual plan discount been discontinued?

Options
DaveyDave
DaveyDave
Community Member

When I signed up for 1Password for Families, there was a 20% discount if you paid annually instead of monthly. That meant the price was the equivalent of $3.99 per month when paid annually. The pricing page for Families now shows "$4.99 per month billed annually". Does that mean the discount has been discontinued for renewals?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DaveyDave,

We do still offer the 20% discount, it is just that now the discounted price is the advertised price (i.e. the $4.99 price includes the 20% discount). When paying monthly the price is now $5.99 / mo.

Note that this does not affect any subscriptions that were set up prior to the change, so if you were already on an annual plan and paying $3.99/mo annually then this would not change.

Thanks!

Ben

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this info. I'll be sure to keep my subscription active to maintain the lower price.

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome! :+1: :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

@ben Sorry, I'm confused by your answer. So (regular) prices went up?

I'm currently paying $5/month (monthly), but was thinking of switching to annually paying $4/month. I still see that option in my billing section. How long will it be available (for me)?

Reason for asking: next week I'm going to try once more to convince my family members to use 1Password (for Families). If I succeed, I want to switch to annually ($5/month); otherwise I might go for the individual plan.

• Ben
    Options

So (regular) prices went up?

Yes.

I'm currently paying $5/month (monthly), but was thinking of switching to annually paying $4/month. I still see that option in my billing section. How long will it be available (for me)?

If you see the option I'm not aware of any plans for it to go away.

Reason for asking: next week I'm going to try once more to convince my family members to use 1Password (for Families). If I succeed, I want to switch to annually ($5/month); otherwise I might go for the individual plan.

Cool. Hope your family decides to join you. :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I hope so too!

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ben, you are quite welcome! :)

Have a great weekend!

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

Did prices go up for everyone? I didn't see an email about my next invoice changing.

• Ben
    Options

They did not. If you were already on a subscription that subscription has not changed.

Ben

• Scuba629
    Scuba629
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben Ok just checking. Glad I got in early! Thanks for a great product!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Ben

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    Options

How about for those of us who currently own the latest version of the standalone software -- is there any discount to migrating over to Families? If not now, do you anticipate future offers?

• Jacob
    Options

@tastyroadkill We're happy to look into something depending on when you purchased. If you bought 1Password in the past six months, send us an email at support@1password.com with the proof of purchase and we'll check into a discount for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.