Invalid Icon downloaded for the 1Password Support Forums

Options
OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member

I stored the login of this forum in 1Password.
When I download the website icon (favicon) then I don't get the nice 1Password lock.
The icon is blue on the left side and gray on the right side.
Please fix the issue.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604 (Internet Explorer)
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@OLLI_S: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post to the Lounge category of the forums since it doesn't pertain to browser filling, but rather the AgileBits website.

Do you mean this?

That's the correct icon. Nothing "invalid here!" It's simply a smaller, stylized version of the original AgileBits logo, as seen in the top left corner of the store:

https://agilebits.com/store

This isn't a bug. It's by design. So it isn't something that needs "fixing". But I suspect that if and when we update the store page we may change that as well. Cheers! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    When I look at the AgileBits Store (https://agilebits.com/store) or a the page here, then I see the 1Password logo (the lock with the blue circle) as favicon (in IE, Edge and Firefox).
    So I wondered why an different icon for the support forums are downloaded.

• Ben
    Options

It was a design choice. :) We use a different favicon here than for other parts of our website.

Ben

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

With the 1Password icon (the lock) the user can identify the entry by the icon.
    This is an important aspect concerning the Usability (DIN-EN-ISO 9241).
    Did I mention that I work in Software-Ergonomics, Usability, Accessibility and UX? ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@OLLI_S: I think you make some interesting points, and we'll certainly take that into account when we design the next iteration of the site. It's not going to happen overnight though. We have bigger fish to fry. Improving our software is always going to be prioritized over cosmetic changes to the sites when a decision like that has to be made. And keep in mind that this is a forum for not only 1Password support, but also for Knox and general community. Given that, I'm not sure that it makes sense to brand it as "1Password", but it's something we'll evaluate when the time comes. Cheers!

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

I just report the issues I find, it is up to you when you implement them.
    It is jut important that they are on a "ToDo" list and not lost.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @OLLI_S

Thank you for mentioning this! We do keep track of what's said to us: both suggestions and issues! Thank you for your feedback, we'll see what direction the forums take in the future :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.