Crash after searching [1Password 6.4b2]

ChaconC
ChaconC
Community Member

I'm not 100% sure this is the reason for the crash, but I'm able to reproduce a crash every single time by doing the following:

• Open app
  • Tap Search icon
  • Press back button (either the app back button or the phone button)
  • Wait around 10 seconds
  • Crashes

If that doesn't crash the app, instead of just waiting, try to switch section. (open side menu, tap on Favorites/Categories)
If that doesn't crash the app, try tapping Search again.

1Password Version: 6.4b2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0 DP5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Hi,
    its not crashing for me and I am on Android 6.0.1 with the latest security patch.

Synctype: Families

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Ok, I just tested some more:

• Disable Dropbox sync, don't close app
      App crashed shortly after. Reopened the app and I was able to move around freely, initiate search and change sections. No crash after 5+ minutes

• Reenable Dropbox sync, don't close app
      App didn't crash and it said it had synced. Press home and reopen app and it works ok.

• Force stop app, reopen (so Dropbox is enabled from cold open)
      App crashed like I mentioned in the OP

---_-
    More testing:
    Just opening the app and idling doesn't appear to trigger the crash.
    Open app and switch categories doesn't appear to trigger the crash.
    Open item detail > back, doesn't appear to trigger the crash.
    Navigating around for 5+ min = no crash.

Press search and try to move around = crash.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Since today I have the same problem.
    I think 1P crashes always, when I start to search before the sync with Dropbox is done. :-(
    When I seach after the sync is done, then there is no problem.

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

Update: Crashes in 6.4b3

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Here also.

• @ChaconC Thank you for reporting this crash you are experiencing. I appreciate the level of detail you provided in helping me reproduce the issue. I followed your instructions very carefully and I was unable to reproduce this crash on my Nexus 6P running Android Nougat.

I would like to collect additional details and see if I can somehow get the crash to happen on my device. Which screen did you open search from? Were you viewing the your favourite items or your categories?

Are you also signed in to a 1Password account? If so, were you viewing All Vaults when the crash happened?

Lastly, if you see a prompt to send the crash feedback on the next launch of 1Password, please do so with your forum handle and I will take a look at the crash report. Thanks.

• @Philipp Thanks for letting us know you are experiencing this too. I would appreciate additional details about your device and your 1Password configuration as I am trying to reproduce this crash on my phone. Thanks!

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@saad
    I just sent feedback from the crash prompt.

B3 seems a bit more resilient, meaning I can move around a bit more but eventually it crashes.

To answer your questions:
    It happens after I initiate launch from either Favorites or Categories.
    No 1Password account, so I only have a single Primary vault.

To reproduce the crash I just open the app (it opens to Favorites), tap search, tap back, wait.
    Also crashes if I open app, switch to Categories, tap search, tap back, wait.
    It doesn't happen if I open the app and let it sit there or switch views or open items, only after I initiate search.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

@saad Hi I have a Nexus 5X with Android 6.0.1. I tried it now maybe 30 times, but it is not reproducible at the moment. Yesterday I had it always. Strange!

It is strange, on Tuesday evening I had my Android August security update. It is now the 2nd time (so I had it also with the update from July), that I had some strange voice problems with my navigation system on the first and second day after the update. I did nothing and now it is working correct again. Maybe there is also some strange thing with 1P during the first (maybe) 48 hours after the update?

I could not explain but maybe my Android need some extra hours/days to "relax" and to adjust the system after an update. :+1:

I send you an update when I have problems again.

• Thanks for the crash report and the additional information. I am able to reproduce the problem on my device now! The crash happens because of how we are loading Rich Icons. We will be fixing this very soon.

ref: OPA-974

This discussion has been closed.