1Password Android / Dropbox SSLPeerUnverifiedException No peer certificate

Options
theschles
theschles
Community Member

Screenshot:

I've been using 1Password for iOS and Windows for a few years now. My password file is kept in Dropbox.

I just downloaded 1Password for Android for the first time onto a non-rooted Moto E 2nd generation. I told it that I use Dropbox. It prompted me to log into Dropbox and asked for the 2FA Google Authenticator number. It then asked me to authorize 1Password for Android for Dropbox. Then it says it's "looking for my 1Password file" and then displays the error Java stack trace:

There was an error locating a 1Password vault in Dropbox (ERROR: [DropboxSSLException (javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: No peer certificate) ] (INTERNAL) [com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.execute( (RestUtility.java:419), com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.execute(( RestUtility.java:338), com.dropbox.client2.RestUtility.streamRequest(( RequestUtility.java:193), com.dropbox.client2.RESTUtility.request(( RequestUtility.java:123)]). Please try again.

Help?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 5.1 w/ Android security patch level 2016-04-01
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:peer certificate

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @theschles. Thanks for getting in touch with us today!

It looks like the reason you are receiving these error messages is because of an issue with the network connection. Are you by chance on a network that might be blocking Dropbox access?

Please open your device settings and turn Wi-Fi off and enable cellular data instead. Let me know if you're able to sync with Dropbox now!

• theschles
    theschles
    Community Member
    Options

That seemed to have worked, thank you. Might I suggest the program be improved by catching the exception and then giving the user a more-understandable error message?

Thank you again...

• peri
    Options

I'm glad to hear that did the trick, @theschles. And thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely pass this along to the team. :)

This discussion has been closed.