Problem filling Webforms [cannot fill Identities or Credit Cards in IE]

Options
OLLI_S
OLLI_S
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

In 1Password I created an identity (first name, last name, email address, birthday, username).
Then I went to the registration of the 1Password Forums (https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/register?Target=)
In the toolbar I click on the 1Password Icon and select my identity, but nothing is filled here.
Same if I go to Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/)

Is this a problem in 1Password?
Or am I using this feature in a wrong way?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604 (Internet Explorer)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is this a problem in 1Password? Or am I using this feature in a wrong way?

@OLLI_S: Great questions! I'm glad you reached out about these issues, because of course it's difficult in these situations to know if it is "just you".

I'm really sorry for the confusion here. 1Password cannot fill Credit Cards or Identities in Internet Explorer, only Logins. IE cannot use the more advanced extensions supported by the other major browsers, so this is a known limitation. In the past I would say that it's something we could try adding in the future...but given that Internet Explorer is not longer being developed in favour of Edge, I don't expect we'll be revising IE. And certainly with Microsoft abandoning it, there won't be any advances in its add-on support in the future either.

While 1Password isn't able to support Edge yet, it's something we're anxious to do, and of course in the mean time you can use 1Password to fill Login, Identity, and Credit Card data in a number of modern browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi, and Opera. SO using any of those will give you a much better experience. I hope this helps!

ref: OPW-68

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

OK, this problem is solved.
    I will create separate forum postings for each problem with web-forms
    This topic can now be closed (if there is such a feature here in the forums).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OLLI_S: No worries! We can leave this open since others may have similar questions, but separate threads for different issues is the way to go. Cheers! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    I created two separate forum postings for webform issues.
    But some questions remain:

• to fix the webform issues: is there a update of 1Password required or did you solve this via a server-sided solution?
    • do you reply in the forum topic of an webform issue, when the reported issue is solved (so users see "ah, this is fixed now"?
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OLLI_S Right now, all fixes for web form filling issues require an update to either the extension or to 1Password itself. We have some ideas for how to make this better in the future, but there are some other things that are pushing themselves ahead of it in the development plans. I do try to follow-up when we fix form filling issues, but I can't say I'm 100% on it.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

@jxpx777
    When I report problems in web forms using the "report website feature" of the Firefox Extension, do I get an information when the reported problem is solved?
    Would be interesting to know....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@OLLI_S: Great question! It depends. If you enter your email when sending the report, you may get an email when the issue is addressed. This isn't guaranteed though, since often fixing an issue with one site will help others...or break them. We definitely work on site-specific issues, but we try to do most of the work on improving overall reliability. So there often isn't a 1:1 relationship between a reported issue and a fix. Confusing, but I hope that helps! :lol: l

This discussion has been closed.