what happens IF i update my stand alone version?

Options
MRwizard1943
MRwizard1943
Community Member

I only just saw info on your "subscription service" I am using a standalone ver 6.3.1 I am getting an announcement that an update of
this to ver 6.3.2 is available BUT what happens IF i elect to download and install? Am I then FORCED to sign up for a subscription OR
will my standalone status remain ? I dont want to "download" an update and then be told that now I have to "subscribe". I am sure that I am not the only user that is unclear about this so PLEASE be specific and clarify for us thank you Mike T in CA

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: not syncing

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Mike ( @MRwizard1943 ).

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

BUT what happens IF i elect to download and install?

Nothing changes as far as licensing goes. 1Password 6.3.2 is a free update for 1Password 6 license holders.

You can read our licensing and upgrade policy here:

https://agilebits.com/home/licenses

Am I then FORCED to sign up for a subscription

Not at all. We've actually had subscription offerings for about 6+ months now. We're not forcing anyone to change over to the new offerings.

Our intention is to continue to sell licenses alongside subscriptions.

I am sure that I am not the only user that is unclear about this so PLEASE be specific and clarify for us thank you

The fact that we're offering a new service does not change our agreement with you on your existing purchase. :)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• MRwizard1943
    MRwizard1943
    Community Member
    Options

Ben thank u so much for taking time to clarify this for me and the others that may have the same questions

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Ben, you are most welcome!It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.