is it possible to search tags as well as title on 1p for Mac?

Options
corvock
corvock
Community Member
edited April 2016 in Mac

I am working to get my wife using 1P more along with putting more useful information into it. On my Auto Insurance login item, i added our policy number. Since i can see my wife not necessarily remembering to search for "21st Century" i added "Auto" "Insurance" and "Car" to the tags field. On iOS i can leave my search as "Search Everything" and simply pop into the app and search "Insurance" and it comes up. On OSX I have to search and fail in order to get presented with "Search Everything" and then i have to click it to display the item. Is there a way to make "Search Everything" the default? Or an option to add tags into what is searched from that box?

--Ryan

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is it possible to search tags as well as title on 1p for Mac?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @corvock,

Thanks for writing in with your question!

Yes, you can certainly make this work on your Mac like it does on iOS. In the main 1Password app, click the magnifying glass next to the search bar and select Search All Fields. You can find a bit more information (and a screenshot) here: How to search through the entire contents of your items (Mac)

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• slimnickyy
    slimnickyy
    Community Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

never mind got it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.