missing buttons

Today I updated firefox to version 5.0.1
Because my 1password version was 1.04.173, I had to update to version 1.0.6.202.
Since then I don't get de 1password fullscreen anymore when I press the "1P"-icon in firefox. See the attachment.
What went wrong?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Simcha, welcome to the forum!

Clicking the 1Password button in the browser's toolbar has never invoked the 1Password program—it has always displayed the interface of the 1Password extension for the active browser. The extensions offer a subset of 1Password functions; specifically, the functions you are most likely to need while working in your browser.

Earlier versions of the 1Password for Windows extensions did include a Launch 1Password button. That button was removed, many versions back, though. There was some discussion about restoring it, but AgileBits is now working on an overhauled and consolidated version of the browser extensions that will affect the look and behavior of the extension for every supported Mac and Windows browser. I'm told that the latest 1Password for Mac extension for Safari 5.1 for Mac shows how the interface is taking shape, but most of us are waiting to see what the new extension interface will look like.

In the meantime, you can launch 1Password as you've always been able to, by clicking the 1Password icon in the 1Password folder within the Windows "start" menu. Once it's running, you can use the standard Windows methods for adding or "pinning" 1Password to the Windows task bar, or simply create a shortcut on the Desktop, if you prefer.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Simcha07 wrote:

Today I updated firefox to version 5.0.1
    Because my 1password version was 1.04.173, I had to update to version 1.0.6.202.
    Since then I don't get de 1password fullscreen anymore when I press the "1P"-icon in firefox. See the attachment.
    What went wrong?

As far as I know, 1Password-inside-Firefox has never displayed anything full-screen. What you're looking at is the designed behavior.
  • DBrown wrote:

Simcha, welcome to the forum!

Clicking the 1Password button in the browser's toolbar has never invoked the 1Password program—it has always displayed the interface of the 1Password extension for the active browser. The extensions offer a subset of 1Password functions; specifically, the functions you are most likely to need while working in your browser.

Earlier versions of the 1Password for Windows extensions did include a Launch 1Password button. That button was removed, many versions back, though. There was some discussion about restoring it, but AgileBits is now working on an overhauled and consolidated version of the browser extensions that will affect the look and behavior of the extension for every supported Mac and Windows browser. I'm told that the latest 1Password for Mac extension for Safari 5.1 for Mac shows how the interface is taking shape, but most of us are waiting to see what the new extension interface will look like.

In the meantime, you can launch 1Password as you've always been able to, by clicking the 1Password icon in the 1Password folder within the Windows "start" menu. Once it's running, you can use the standard Windows methods for adding or "pinning" 1Password to the Windows task bar, or simply create a shortcut on the Desktop, if you prefer.

David (and Stefan),

thanks for your detailed reply.
    I did not know the popup window is drastically reduced.
    I found the "old" screen just does nice work.
    I will be get used to this new screen again soon, I suppose.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Simcha07 wrote:

I have no idea what "old screen" you're referring to.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Simcha07 wrote:

I will be get used to this new screen again soon, I suppose.

It's not a matter of "old" and "new," Simcha. They're two different things.

You can launch 1Password from the Windows "start" menu, and you can invoke the 1Password extension for your browser by clicking on the 1Password button in the browser's toolbar.

We always recommend that users take a few minutes to read the Introduction, Getting Started, and Tutorials sections of the user's guide. They're short, and they'll give you the information you need to get up to speed quickly. As you use 1Password for Windows, we believe you'll find the FAQ section to be a useful resource, too.
This discussion has been closed.