Family Vault Icons don't show in 1Password Mac

Options
kDCYorke
kDCYorke
Community Member

For some reason the icons I have saved for my Families vaults don't show in 1Password Mac, although they do show in OS X. Am I missing something? The marketing images appear to show customized vault icons.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.2.1 (621001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vault icon

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@kDCYorke

What I have found from my own testing the last couple of days is they will appear in the mini and not in the Mac app. So what I have found, and it works for me, is to quit the mini. Then restart 1Password at this time the icons will show. Seems to be a bug after the last few betas. I have had to restart the mini twice on one occasion. However from your description it was pre latest betas. I seldom add new vaults so I would have likely not seen it earlier. I just added 2 new vaults in the last few days.

I have also found that some of the vaults will not appear in the share selector till you visit the newly created vault at least once in the 1Password app sidebar. After that they will appear in the share selector window.

Cc @rickfillion

Latest beta Mac app, and extension (all browsers) in my case.

1. Notation : My account was an original Teams and converted to Families. I don't know if that has any bearing.
  • kDCYorke
    kDCYorke
    Community Member
    Options

They are indeed showing on the mini for me as well. I've quit both several times and they never show in the main window. I've also tried removing the family account and re-adding it. I've got personal vaults enabled, that may be contributing.

I'm using the Mac App Store version (so no beta).

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

I still have one personal vault as well, its empty and not syncing.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Sorry for the trouble, @kDCYorke. This is a bug. It's on our list for resolution in a future update. :)

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, don't hesitate to let us know.
    ref: OPM-4125

• kDCYorke
    kDCYorke
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @thightower and @khad. I'll be patient :).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We appreciate your patience. I'm looking forward to seeing my pretty vault icons in the app as well. :+1:

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    Options

@khad it doesn't appear that this issue is resolved. Correct? I updated my icons yesterday and have been experiencing the same problems as @kDCYorke. I am using version 6.3.2 from the App Store.

Also, what is the bug number?

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016
    Options

@dkav,

We don't have a public bug tracker, so there isn't too much you'll be able to do with it. But the internal number is mentioned at the end of my post above:

ref: OPM-4125

And you're correct, it hasn't been resolved yet. It will be resolved in a future version, but I don't have a time frame I can provide.

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @khad. I will know to look more closely for the internal number in the future! BTW, I use the internal (bug) number to cross check with fixes documented in the release notes.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dkav,

Of course! That makes sense. I didn't think anyone would spend time reading them all, but we do provide them for a reason. :)

This discussion has been closed.