Support for Okta verify two factor authentication.

Options

Is there a way to use 1password to fill okta verify two factor auth instead of opening the mobile phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atishay811: It isn't clear to me what this "Okta" thing is using, but if they support the TOTP standard, you should already be able to use 1Password for this purpose. From their site, it looks like they have a "push" option and a "code" option, so the latter may work. If they provide a TOTP QR code or "secret" you can copy and paste, then 1Password should work just fine:

Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

Please let me know what you find! :)

• atishay811
    atishay811
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I will see if that works. didn't work the last time i tried,

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for giving this another try, @atishay811. Quite curious to hear from you again with the results! :)

• atishay811
    atishay811
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't work. Unfortunately with no VIP Access and no Okta Verify, 1Password two factor auth is pretty limited. Okta seems to be calling some web api, so I doubt this would ever work. Wish you could reverse engineer VIP Access.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atishay811: It may be possible...but also maybe a big "kick me" sign if they felt we were impinging on their property. Perhaps if it's open we could add support for it in the future though.

This discussion has been closed.