Go & Fill only works within the browsers

Double-clicking an item in 1P main window will not fill the Login
This is the login page for British Airways. I have deleted and re-created this several times without success. I have also changed it to manual submit which didn't work either. 1P fills in my member number but not my password. I am using the Chrome extension. Thanks.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, azazure!

Using Chrome in Windows 7, I just visited that URL (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_gb), entered a fake user ID and password (I don't have an account there), and pressed Enter. 1Password immediately offered to create a new Login for me, which I allowed it to do. My login failed, of course, as the credentials I entered were entirely bogus.

I visited the same URL again and pressed Ctrl+\, and 1Password correctly filled in the user ID and password I had allowed it to save for me. The same saved Login item were also correctly filled in on the "sorry, that ID is incorrect" page that appeared each time I tried using the bogus credentials.

So, I'm not able to reproduce the problem you describe.

Please let us know if you have any information that might help us see the problem here, too. Thanks!
  • azazure
    azazure
    Community Member
    I didn't know about the Ctrl+\, and it worked. I can live with that. But why doesn't it work when I double click on the saved login in 1P? I have auto-submit set to True. It used to be (with the exception of British Airways) that I could double click on a login and it would open the site in my browser and log me in automatically. Now after using the Ctrl+\ one time none of them will work automatically.

Apologies, this is a new app for me and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Both of those things are strange, azazure: that Ctrl+\ works, but double-clicking doesn't; and that having used Ctrl+\ once, double-clicking appears to be disabled.

Can you ckeck the Double-click option on the General tab of 1Password preferences to make sure it's set to Open the Location in web browser?
  • azazure
    azazure
    Community Member
    Yes, it is set to open in the web browser, Google Chrome.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Sorry for the confusion here. 1Password for Windows will only "Open the Location in [the] web browser" as the option says. The form will not be filled when you invoke that option from outside the browser.

To fill a login, you can either press Ctrl-\ while you are viewing the login page in your browser or use the Go & Fill feature from within the browser extension (the "All Logins" tab in the Chrome extension).

20110718-md3tmq2gdwq421b9ue7pws7uax.png

(1) Click "All Logins", (2) optionally search for a Login, (3) select the Login from the list.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    azazure wrote:

I didn't know about the Ctrl+\, and it worked. I can live with that. But why doesn't it work when I double click on the saved login in 1P?

When you double-click on a Login item in 1Password, then it launches your default web browser, but it does not auto-fill your login. You have to press the 1P button on your web browser toolbar, or Ctrl+\
  • azazure
    azazure
    Community Member
    OK, thank you. I guess I was not realizing that 1P and the extension worked differently and got confused on why sometimes it launched and auto-filled and and other times it only launched. Thanks for your help!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    azazure wrote:

OK, thank you. I guess I was not realizing that 1P and the extension worked differently and got confused on why sometimes it launched and auto-filled and and other times it only launched. Thanks for your help!

I'm guessing it seemed to auto-fill because maybe your web browser remembers passwords, too.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    azazure wrote:

I'm guessing it seemed to auto-fill because maybe your web browser remembers passwords, too.

I think azazure is saying s/he understands now that selecting a Login in the 1Password extension works differently than double-clicking a Login in 1Password, itself. Having expected them to work the same, s/he thought the behavior was random.

azazure, I apologize for misunderstanding, earlier: I thought you were saying that double-clicking didn't even open the corresponding URL in the selected browser.

I hope we've got it all straightened out, now. :) Thanks for your patience!
  • azazure
    azazure
    Community Member
    Yes, that is correct. I didn't realize that the action of double clicking a login in 1Password acted differently than double clicking on a login in the browser extension. I want to ask "why not?" because it's a little confusing, but as long as I know how to get the end result I'm happy. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.