iOS filling issues

This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to autofill Username/password for icloud.

Comments

• jedib0p
    jedib0p
    Community Member

I've noticed that some newer sites cannot be autofilled on iOS. For instance Apple ID and iCloud sites fill nothing after selecting them from the 1Password safari extension.

Capitalone.ca won't autofill on the desktop site using safari on iOS.

I've noticed this on other sites too but I can't recall specifics right now.

Any idea on if this is a 1Password issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jedib0p: I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your post to the browser filling category of the forums. I feared you might not get the help you need in the Windows category since this seems specific to iOS. ;)

I'm actually a Capital One customer myself so I'm pretty familiar with their website...but I wanted to double check this since it sounds like you're using the Canadian version. Now, I don't know if this is applies to your situation since you didn't provide any information, such as the URL, OS, and 1Password versions you're using. But I was able to save and fill a new login in Mobile Safari using the 1Password extension at this URL:

https://m.capitalone.ca/worklight/apps/services/www/EnterpriseMobileBanking/mobilewebapp/default/EnterpriseMobileBanking.html#www/cards/login

If you can tell us the URLs in particular you're having trouble with we'll be happy to test them and try to offer a solution, workaround, and improvements in the future!

That said, in many cases manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you). Just try these steps:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• jedib0p
    jedib0p
    Community Member

The mobile site works fine. The problem is with their desktop site (fully featured) on mobile safari. https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx?CountryCode=CA

I'm using the latest App Store release of 1Password on iOS 10 public beta 5 (this occurred on iOS 9) with an iPhone 6s.

As far as apple's Apple ID site: https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Is there a way to get autofill to work with the safari extension?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@jedib0p I think you might be being bitten by the <iframe> problem You mentioned the capitalone.ca "desktop site". I'm not sure exactly which page you're on, but I know this one does use an <iframe> as well. We have a bug report opened with Apple to make this as simple on iOS as they make it on the Mac, but for now, this is a known limitation.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

• jedib0p
    jedib0p
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

The mobile site works fine. I have a problem with the desktop version (it is fully featured compared to the mobile site) in mobile safari.

https://servicing.capitalone.com/c1/login.aspx?CountryCode=CA

I've tried resaving the login using the method you posted on the capital one site but it made no difference.

I'm using an iPhone 6s with the latest 1Password version. Using iOS 10 public beta 5 (though this also occurred with iOS 7,8 and 9)

What about the Apple ID site? https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Is there a way to get autofill to work in mobile safari with the 1Password safari extension?

Autofill works fine on the latest 1Password for Mac version on the desktop using the same saved login.

Sorry for all the duplicate posts. My message was caught by the spam filter many times before I figured it out. You can delete all my extra posts in this topic.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@jedib0p Both of those sites are using <iframe>s like I mentioned above. Right now, there's not a way for 1Password to fill into <iframe>s on iOS.

• roberts_clan
    roberts_clan
    Community Member

I'm not very techie, and I am new to 1Password. Are you saying that I cannot use the 1Password app to automatically fill in saved passwords on my iPhone? How do I use the random passwords generated by 1Password (on my iMac and Macbook) on the apps on my phone? For example, logging into my bank account via their app?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@roberts_clan Not at all! The extension works in most situations. The <iframe> situation is a special approach that some websites use for including their sign in form on multiple different pages without rewriting it. On your iPhone or iPad, you can use our iOS extension in Safari and lots of other apps too. I hope that clarifies things. :)

This discussion has been closed.