keeps closings soon as I click on something. It won't stay open.

I can open the program with my master password, but then as soon as I click on something it closes. It has been acting up for a year now, it has finally quit on me. When trying to enter a cards I can't see what I typed, it's buggy!!!!!!

1Password Version: 1 password 3 single
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x el captain 10.11.06
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keeps closings soon as I click on something. It won't stay open.

Comments

• juliearmstrong
    juliearmstrong
    Community Member

now keeps closing only when I press edit. So I can't as any cards!!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @juliearmstrong,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re running into this! Unfortunately, this is happening because you’re using 1Password 3 in a new version of OS X. You can read more about the details here, but the short answer is that 1Password 3 has been out of development for several years now, and as Apple has continued to make changes to the operating system, 1Password 3 is starting to show its age. Things that used to work smoothly are no longer compatible with the new way that things work in the updated operating system.

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of 1Password. You’ll get access to some awesome new features, and you’ll have a much smoother experience using the app in El Capitan. As an existing user, you’re entitled to a loyalty discount on a new license. Just enter your license key on our upgrade page to see your price for a brand new license.

And, while we’re talking about upgrading, I just wanted to let you know about a new way to use 1Password. Instead of purchasing a new license, you also have the option of signing up for a 1Password account. We have accounts available for families, teams, and individuals. Your subscription fee includes the latest version of the 1Password apps across all platforms, and all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active. With a 1Password account, sync is handled by the service, so there’s less hassle in setting up new devices - all your data is available to you as soon as you sign in to your 1Password account.

Please let me know if you have any questions about either upgrade option.

This discussion has been closed.