Need to Merge/Fix my vault on iOS so they can sync to Mac

Options
Facu474
Facu474
Community Member

I have been using 1Password on iOS for a few years now, syncing to iCloud, and had no problems. Now I took the offered 6 month trial of 1Password Pro, and was made to create an account on the website to do so, when this account merged with the one on my app, it created a new vault. So now I have the old vault with all my information, and syncing to iCloud (called Primary), and a new one under my name with nothing in it (called Personal), and I don't know what it uses to sync since when I select it under Vaults, I only see: "items: 0" . I continued using for a month, until today, when I downloaded and installed the Mac version of 1Password. Here is where I noticed the problem, it appears the vault synced was the one under my name (Personal) that has nothing in it. I would like to see to merge both of these so that I only have 1 vault, synced with iCloud across my devices.

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: -
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rjh
    rjh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Facu474 , I'm sorry to see that you're having problems syncing with your 1Password Account. If your IOS device is still syncing with the iCloud, it sounds as if you didn't log into your new account under IOS?

To synchronise all of your devices, you will first need to log in to the iCloud on your Mac following these instructions.
    Your 1 Password Primary Vault will automatically synchronise with the iCloud.

If you wish to continue with your trial 1Password Account, you can now copy or move your 1Password items to your Personal Vault, which is located on the AgileBits servers.
    To do so you can click an item in your Primary vault and hit command+a to mark all items. With a right mouse click or control+click, you can now choose Share > Personal (Below the name you used to sign up for your account) > Copy or Move.

You can now log into your 1Password account using the details from your emergency kit (on all of your devices) to find that your items have all been synchronised.

I hope this helps, but if you still have questions please return to this thread.

Cheers,
    Rob

● Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a member of the AgileBits team.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Facu474 ,

I would like to see to merge both of these so that I only have 1 vault, synced with iCloud across my devices.

Please note that your 1Password account does not use iCloud to sync. Data is synced using the AgileBits servers. It means that you never have to fiddle with setting up sync for your vaults - all your 1Password account data will show up on your device as soon as you sign into your 1Password account. It’s pretty handy. :)

Rob is correct: your 1Password data doesn’t automatically migrate into your 1Password account, you’ll need to move the items over manually. On iOS, this is a one-item-at-a-time process and probably a bit time-consuming if you have a larger database.

If you have access to 1Password on the Mac, the best solution is to add your iCloud vault there and then migrate all your items into your 1Password account. After the items are migrated, you can remove the iCloud vault from your Mac and your iOS device.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions, we’re here for you!

• Facu474
    Facu474
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, thank both of you @rjh and @Megan . I passed all the items manually on iOS (I don't have a lot) to the Personal vault, and it started syncing correctly. Then I created a few more vaults to separate my items, and the ones from family. Although, I don't know why, but I couldn't find a way to do it on iOS, or the Mac app, I had to go do it in the 1Password website, on iOS it kept asking to sync to dropbox to create one for some reason.

Now I want to do 2 things:

1. I want to delete the Primary folder thats in the iOS app (since it doesn't have any data), how do I do that?

2. I want to create tags and folders. I tried in the iOS app, but it only lets me create them for the Primary folder that has no data, in any other vault I don't see the edit button in the top right corner to be able to create.

Thank you for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Facu474,

I had to go do it in the 1Password website, on iOS it kept asking to sync to dropbox to create one for some reason.

At this time it is not possible to create vaults using the iOS app. I apologize for the confusion, but I’m glad you were able to get it working via the web interface!

1. I want to delete the Primary folder thats in the iOS app (since it doesn't have any data), how do I do that?

To delete the primary vault, we’ll need to reset 1Password for iOS. Please go to 1Password’s Settings > Advanced > Erase All 1Password data. Restart the app and you’ll be able to sign in with your 1Password account.

1. I want to create tags and folders. I tried in the iOS app, but it only lets me create them for the Primary folder that has no data, in any other vault I don't see the edit button in the top right corner to be able to create.

1Password accounts use tags instead of folders. On the iOS app, you can add tags to individual items when you are in Edit mode. If you would prefer, you can also create tags using the Mac app. There’s a bit more flexibility there - you can select multiple items in a list and drag them onto the tag in the sidebar to add the tag to the item.

• Facu474
    Facu474
    Community Member
    Options

Great, im set, Thank You!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Facu474,

I’m so glad to hear that - thanks for letting me know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.