Login in WIND mobile

Hello 1P!
This has been discussed, but since 2014 Wind Mobile changed their WWW site. Now to log in I need to push a button and new fields will appear. Only then I can enter USERNAME and PASSWORD.
The address of the site is
https://myaccount.windmobile.ca/selfcare/#/login
There are two tabs at the top of login window, and 1P keeps entering my username into the "phone number" field. I did as you advised manually hit the "user name" button, and save as a new login in 1P before I hit the "LOGIN" button, but it looks like 1P doesn't catch a difference and still enters into the "phone number" field.
Is there a way to make 1P push this "username" button first, and only then enter the name and password?
Thanks & Regards
Jim K.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Max007,

Thanks for writing in for help! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

I tried saving a Login item for that site, and 1Password is able to fill the "Username" form correctly - but the key here is that you'll need to click "Username" before you use 1Password to fill it. When the "Phone Number" form is selected, that's the one which will be filled.

It might not be a problem if both forms were visible on that page at the same time, because then 1Password would be able to see the 'username' and 'password' fields and fill them as expected. But the problem is basically that only one form is visible at a time. When the "Phone Number" form is selected, 1Password can't find a 'username' or a 'password' field, so it takes its best guess as to where you want your username and password filled. In this case, it fills them in the 'phone number' and 'PIN' fields, as those are the only two fields it can see.

Another part of the problem is that the "Phone Number" form is always selected by default when opening that site. As far as I can tell, there's no way to have it automatically open to the "Username" form. I even tried right-clicking on "Username" and copied the link address, thinking that if it had its own URL, you could use that instead. But unfortunately it's the same as the current address which brings up the "Phone Number" form. So it looks like you'll need to click on "Username" first, and then have 1Password fill it.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that, but I hope this at least helps to explain why that happens. If you have more questions about that, please let us know! :)

• Max007
    Max007
    Community Member

Thanks Drew_AG, I anticipated that this is hard to automate with 1P, because looks like this site has some Java-based code in Login window (I spent some time reading "Inspect Element" window in Safari :-).
    No worries, I'll do it with manual clicks.
    Have a nice day,
    Cheers

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Max007,

Sorry there wasn't a better option right now but I'm glad Drew's response was useful, if only to confirm your findings. There are a number of interesting site designs out there :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.