After I log in, my 1Passwords app is stuck on the last screen successfully accessed. Help me exit.

Options
Carla Waxham
Carla Waxham
Community Member

This problem is occurring on my new Iphone 6S. I have been using the 1Password app for about a year and a half (?) without a problem until now. Multiple attempts in the past few days have left me stuck without a way to exit the last screen entered for log in info about a week ago. This makes the 1Password app unusable. Do you know what I can do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After I log in, my 1Passwords app is stuck on the last screen successfully accessed. Help me exit.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Carla Waxham,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with 1Password. Now, I’m not quite sure I understand where things are getting tangled up here. Could you tell me a little bit more about what you’re seeing? For example, here’s what I see when I open 1Password:

1. I unlock 1Password with my fingerprint
    2. 1Password opens to the last screen I was viewing (which is correct behaviour)
    3. I tap on ‘Categories’ and am taken to the Categories screen
    4. I tap on Logins and see a list of my Logins.

It sounds to me like you’re unlocking 1Password and the screen is stuck on #2. Is that correct?

Have you tried quitting the 1Password app and re-opening it?

• Carla Waxham
    Carla Waxham
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, so glad you responded! Yes, I open to the log in screen, but after logging in, I get #2, which happens to be FootSmart log in information. There is no choice of Categories. My second screen only has Add to Favorites, Move and Copy, or Share, along with Pro Item Features, which is not enabled. I have quit the app and re-opened it dozens of times, but get the same result. As I mentioned, this has never happened before. The only thing is . . . my Iphone keeps asking me to update, which I haven't done, as my son says this causes it to become obsolete quicker. (He works for a social app company and designs Android software.) Could lack of updating my phone cause a glitch in my 1Password app?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Carla Waxham”,

There is no choice of Categories. My second screen only has Add to Favorites, Move and Copy, or Share, along with Pro Item Features, which is not enabled.

It sounds to me like you’re viewing an item’s details. From that screen you should be able to tap on the menu options at the bottom, or use the top navigation to go back to a list view. Here’s a screenshot of my details view - are you seeing something different?

Could lack of updating my phone cause a glitch in my 1Password app?

Generally, we recommend that you keep both your operating system and your apps updated whenever possible. I know that technology seems to be moving at a rather breakneck speed these days, and there is always a new and shiny something, but unless you are prohibiting both the operating system and all of your apps to update, you might start to see some incompatibility. There’s also the risk of missing important security fixes for the operating system, and bug fixes and features for your apps.

Could you tell me what version of 1Password for iOS you’re currently using? (Just to make sure we’re on the same page). You can find 1Password’s version information on the Settings screen, below the ‘Recommend 1Password’ option.

This discussion has been closed.