1PW 3.7 on iOS 5 iPad syncing with 1PW 6 on Mac

Options
Robert57
Robert57
Community Member

I just upgraded to 1PW 6 on my Mac (El Capitan OS X 11.6) and wonder if there is any way I can sync with 1PW 3.7 on my iPad (still running iOS 5). I had been using WiFi and Dropbox sync with the old 1PW 3 for Mac before my El Cap upgrade recently , but with my upgrade to 1PW 6 for Mac, I cannot complete a Dropbox Sync with my iPad. I get an error message: : "Failed to begin Dropbox sync. Unknown error." 1PW 6 is backing up to Dropbox currently.

I am planning to upgrade to iOS 9 and the latest version of 1PW soon, but wonder if there is a way to sync with Dropbox now. Is there a way to do a wired sync via iTunes?

Robert

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Robert57,

Thanks for taking the time to write in with this question. Unfortunately I don't have the answer you were hoping for. No, 1Password 3 for iOS cannot sync with anything but 1Password 3 for Mac, and only via Wi-Fi sync. It used to be able to sync via Dropbox as well, but Dropbox has changed their API since we were last able to update 1Password 3 for iOS and as such it no longer syncs.

Sorry I don't have better news. Hopefully you can get up to iOS 9 sooner than later. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.