Data folder no longer exists on other Android device

nathanneff
nathanneff
Community Member

Hello, I have two Android devices hooked up to Dropbox.

On one Android device, I removed the external storage card, where
Dropbox was storing my vault. I fixed that problem. However, on my other
Android device, I saw the same error message and fixed the problem as well.

I thought it was fishy that the other Android device would need to be
"resynced" and am wondering if I should do something?

Thanks,
--Nate

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @nathanneff. I'm not quite sure I understand the problem here. The Dropbox app doesn't need to be installed for 1Password to sync, and once linked to your Dropbox account, 1Password will upload or download any changes to the vault once connected to the internet and unlocked. If your vault is in Dropbox (at /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain, for instance), 1Password is configured to sync with a vault in that path--Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.

That said, while it's possible to configure sync with any vault in any path, once that path is set, it's not possible to change it without reconfiguring sync or resetting the app. So if your vault moved from Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain to Dropbox/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain, for example, you would see a Path Not Found error on any Android device configured to sync with that vault.

Is that the error message you were seeing?

• nathanneff
    nathanneff
    Community Member

The error message I saw on both Android devices was "data folder does not exist". This was
    after I removed an external storage card from my tablet. I thought this was strange. I re-ran
    the 1Password setup on my tablet, as instructed in: https://support.1password.com/data-folder-no-longer-exists-android/

Then, I used 1Password on my phone 3 days later, and it also said it could not find
    the 1Password vault. I think this is strange because I did not explicitly move the
    location of my 1Password vault on Dropbox. What else would cause my phone and
    tablet to not be able to find my vault? Could it be something with the upgrade of 1Password?

• Thanks for the update, @nathanneff. By chance was 1Password configured to sync with local storage, but with a folder that was in Dropbox? If you unlock 1Password and tap Settings > Sync, what sync method do you see there?

• nathanneff
    nathanneff
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Hi Peri, I see "Dropbox sync" followed by /Apps/1Password/1Password.opvault

I don't recall the 1Password application being configured to read from local storage. I should have looked prior to "fixing" the 1Password application. Is there any other way of seeing where 1Password was configured historically to look for the vault?

• @nathanneff It's possible that the old sync path may still be in the sync logs. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.