1password for teams Windows Beta 6.0.186d not syncing to DropBox properly

BradEvansClarke
BradEvansClarke
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello, I'm running 1Password 4.6.0.604 on my personal laptop and syncing via DropBox. I convinced my boss to use 1Password for Teams for our corporate password management company wide. I've got 1Password Beta 6.0.186d on my work laptop, and while it's syncing properly with the Teams information, I can't get it to sync/open my personal non-Teams vault.

I've tried using the "Accounts & Vaults > DropBox > Open Vault" however that opens the vault but it's empty. I've left it for several minutes to sync (the whole agilekeychain folder is only ~6 megs) and nothing ever appears, even after a close/restart.

I've also tried using "Accounts & Vaults > Sign into DropBox" and point it towards my personal DropBox but that either gives me an error message saying that it can't find a vault, or it finds the vault and it's empty.

Both computers are running Windows 10.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1Password Version: 6.0.186d Beta
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @BradEvansClarke,

1Password 6 Beta at the moment doesn't provide you with any progress indicator after you select the vault via Dropbox, you have to wait several minutes and keep the app unlocked before you can click on All Items to refresh the view.

To help us figure out the issue, could you send us the logs from 1Password 6 while you reproduce the issue. Here's how to do this:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar to open our Diagnostics folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\Diagnostics
    2. Reproduce the issue in 1Password 6, you'll then see a current.txt file show up or updated in the Diagnostics folder
    3. Please email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let me know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the log file.

• One more thing, after you send the log, what you can do is download the folder from Dropbox.com and use the Folder option instead of Dropbox, that should work.

• BradEvansClarke
    BradEvansClarke
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

I sent the log, and I tried the Folder option instead and it is also showing as empty. I know the vault isn't empty since I'm syncing my 1Password folder between my home laptop, work laptop and phone and it's opening fine on my laptop and phone (1Password for Android v6.3.3)

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @BradEvansClarke,

Thanks, I got the email. According to the log, it is still downloading your Dropbox items. It looks like you have a large amount of trashed items that it is trying to skip but it is taking 5-6 seconds to download per item, which is unusual as 1Password on other platforms should not be exporting old trashed items in your data file and it should take less than 2 seconds per item.

Also, you've added Folder in addition to Dropbox, they can slow down if they're both syncing at the same time. I would suggest removing the Folder for now.

How many items do you have in your 1Password vault via Dropbox, do you know? If it is 100 items, 6 sec per item, that's 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. That's not even including all of the items you've trashed over the years.

ref: UXY-52448-947

• BradEvansClarke
    BradEvansClarke
    Community Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I finally got it working. I ended up removing both the DropBox & Folder logins, then fired up 1Password 4 on my laptop, emptied my trash (~75 items). I uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password 6 on my work laptop and then added the Folder again.

Thanks again for the help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Mike, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.