I'm trying to download 1Password on a new computer.

Options
Florentine
Florentine
Community Member

I'm trying to download 1Password on a new computer. I've received my key. I'm at the sign in screen with email, account key, password but it still deosn't work

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os 10.6.8
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:logging in on new computer

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Florentine,

It sounds to me like what you received is your license information. This is different than your Account Key. You receive an Account Key when you sign up for a 1Password account. Looking in our back office records, it appears that you own a standalone license.

To set up 1Password, you’ll want to select the option to use 1Password without an account. Is your 1Password data synced using Dropbox or iCloud?

• Florentine
    Florentine
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm. Don't see a link without an account. When I go to 1password. com I get a sign in screen:
    Enter the sign-in address for your 1Password account. ???..1password.com
    signing in with iCloud, I think.
    thanks

• Ben
    Options

@Florentine,

Unless you have a 1Password.com subscription account you will not be able to sign in there. Additionally, if you are indeed running OS X 10.6.8 you will not be able to use the latest version of 1Password. You'd need to use 1Password 3 for Mac, which does not support iCloud syncing:

https://d13itkw33a7sus.cloudfront.net/dist/1P/mac/1Password-3.8.22.zip

This version can sync via Dropbox with other 1Password 3 for Mac installations.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.