Wi-Fi Sync between OS X & Android: Intermittent issues

varunyellina
varunyellina
Community Member

Disclaimer: I've gone through all the troubleshooting tips, hard reset router, sent logs to support team, etc.

I've been unable to get Wi-Fi Sync to work reliably on my Android devices for the past 3 months. In the attached images below, you can see whats happening.

Left: Moto X 2014 (6.0.1 CM13), Right: OnePlus 3 (6.0.1)

iPod Touch synced simultaneously without issues. Moto X is able to discover my Mac but not my OnePlus 3. At this point I was doubting my OP3. On entering the Wifi sync key on the Moto, it threw up this error constantly.

I'm not sure what to do now. Installing Dropbox just for syncing 1P data seems pointless to me.

Comments

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Using a different router helped resolve the syncing issue.

What baffles me is that both routers had firewalls off, Wi-fi isolation off. Does this have something to do with my Mac not behaving well with the first one(even Airdrop wasn't working on the router)?

Router 1: Netgear Router PR2000. (Hard reset didn't help)
    Router 2: Cisco Linksys E1200 with DD-WRT

Could someone throw some light on this?

• @varunyellina I’m so sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you are experiencing on your network. I can’t say for sure what is going on, but the error message on your Android devices indicate that there is a connection issue with your computer. It’s strange the Moto X can find your computer on the network, but not your OnePlus 3.

Many factors can cause a disruption with Wi-Fi sync, which is renamed to WLAN sync now. Firewall is on top of that list, but it sounds like you already have that sorted out. The other setting I would take a look at is the DHCP Lease Time and make sure it is set to a reasonable value. You may also need to set an exception for 1Password and Bonjour service and open UDP ports 5353 and 6262 for both incoming and outgoing traffic.

Let us know if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.